Amex Zwicker

miker735

I received a collection letter from Zwicker on an Amex account and sent a DV letter with election for arb within the 30 days.  Zwicker sent a  package of statements approximately 30 days after that. I haven't heard  from them for a couple months.

Today I received a settlement offer from Amex Global Collections offering a 40% reduction payable over 2 years on the reduced amount.

If I received this new offer does it mean that Zwicker sent it back to Amex? There's no mention of Zwicker on the letter.

The payout is manageable but I would still rather get the amount reduced due to the fact that I have others I need to settle with including another Amex account. Has anyone had better luck with Amex in obtaining a greater than 40% reduction?

• 3 months later...

It seems like Amex likes to move their accounts amongst their CAs. The lawyer I spoke with claimed that Amex doesn't settle for big reductions, usually 30%. I don't know if that's fact or not. For us, we are fighting to the bitter end with them in arb since only they have everything to lose regardless of the outcome :-D

The payout is manageable but I would still rather get the amount reduced due to the fact that I have others I need to settle with including another Amex account. Has anyone had better luck with Amex in obtaining a greater than 40% reduction?

@miker735 - I don't know of anything.