proof of service

Can anyone please tell me why a plaintiff in California does not need to file a proof of service?

I am sued by a collection agency thru. a law firm, and I really need to find out if they do not need to file proof of service and went ahead file a default judgement. Thanks!

So they got a default judgement against you?  Go to the court and get a copy of the case.  Yes they have to had filed proof, and if they didn't you can get it vacated.  Even if they did, see who they said they served, you can motion the court to vacate the judgement.  Find out those things, and then come back here, post, and we will help you through getting it vacated,

I would make a motion to vacate a default judgment(I believe we have one on here for CIC) then you will also have to file a proposed answer at the same time. If the default occured more than 6 months ago you have to have a really good reason to file the motion.

I was summoned but not personally, they serve my brother-in-law in my last known address instead; I just want to find out why they have not filed the proof of service. No, they have not filed a default judgement against me yet, but, right now, I need to find out if they can get away from proof of service or not.

This is what I found in my case summary:

" why sanctions should not be imposed for failure to file proof of service pursuant to crc 3.740(e) "