Your sample letters are awesome!

malfets6

I recently sent a letter to a JDB using your "Letter to Collection Agency to Stop Calling on a Zombie Debt - Sample Letter 20", but i modified it a little for my situation. They sent me a letter the other day saying the they are removing the item from all 3 credit reporting bureaus.  I couldn't be more happy given the legal situation i've been in.  It's good to know that something has worked in my favor amid all of this craziness.  They've also been reporting 2 other zombie debts and I will send them the same letter, including the other JDB that i tried to dispute through the CRA and have been unsuccessful doing so.

Bottom line here is that these JDB's are reporting debts that are beyond the SOL and they cannot verify that I owe them anything.  I agree with most people on these forums that you should repair your debt and not your credit report.  I've never broken the law or cheated it;  These JDB's are ruthless because they cheat, lie, steal and break the law all day long.

How long does it take a CA to remove an item from your credit report?  I used to work for a small collection agency and we updated CB files everyday.  I'm wondering how long i should wait before I contact the credit bureaus after the CA said they would remove from my credit report?  The letter from the CA is dated April 16 and it's now April 25.

OK, I have Score Watch from Myfico.com which tracks activity on my credit reports.  I received 2 alerts today about the above account that they claimed was to be removed from all 3 CR's.  One of the alerts is reporting a balance increase of $5, the other is reporting "consumer disputes this account information".  WTH????  I was hoping the alert was that the account disappeared, but now they just want to report that i'm disputing, after they claim that they will remove the account???

Should I still wait or dispute with the CB's?