623 Question

schmitzy84

I sent 623 letter to BOA that they recieved on March 11, 2013.  It has been well over 30 days and they have not responded with anything.  The account is still on my credit reports.  Is my next step to send an ITS letter to BOA or to send a copy of the green RR and letter to the CRAs to try to have the account removed removed?

Today's date

Bank of America

Bank of America's address

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently sent a request for verification for account XXXX-XXX, which is my legal right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Please find a copy of the certified mail receipt proving you received my request on April XX, 2013. Under the FCRA, you are required to respond to my request within 30 days. It is now past this point.

Per the FCRA, you are required to remove any listing you cannot verify within the 30 day investigative period.

Please comply with the law or I will have to seek legal council to make sure my rights are protected. The fine

for willful non-compliance with the FCRA is $1000 per incidence.

Sincerely,

Schmitzy

I sent 623 letter to BOA that they recieved on March 11, 2013.  It has been well over 30 days and they have not responded with anything.  The account is still on my credit reports.  Is my next step to send an ITS letter to BOA or to send a copy of the green RR and letter to the CRAs to try to have the account removed removed?

the next step is to send a Method of Verification letter to the CRAs.  you send a copy of the green RR and ask how did you verifiy this account when my letters have no response?  Also file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/  This has worked for me many times.  An intent to sue is not that intimidating to BOA.  Ask an attorney to reveiw the case, and then decide about a lawsuit. 

Under 1681i(a)(6)(A), a CRA has to send you the results of your dispute.  That notice must include that you can request "a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information".  (1681i(a)(6)(B)(iii)).

The method of verification that you would request falls under 1681i(a)(7) of the FCRA.

(7) Description of reinvestigation procedure

A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)((B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.