Spencerlynn

6/6 Got 60 day continuance on PRA lawsuit

here is a copy of what the A/G sent to me with the copy of the letter they received from PRA.

Bob Ferguson

ATTORNEY GENERAL OF WASHINGTON

Consumer Protection Division

103 East Holly Street, Suite 308 Bellingham, WA 98225-4310 (360) 738-6187

June 5, 2013

My name and addressXXXXXX

RE:   Portfolio Recovery Associates

File #:   XXXX

Dear XXX

Our office has received a response from Portfolio Recovery Associates regarding your complaint. A copy is attached.

We realize you may disagree with Portfolio Recovery Associates’s position. However, our office does not have the legal authority to force the parties to resolve their dispute. We regret that we are unable to provide further assistance to you in this situation.    

We do not have the legal authority to act as an attorney for private individuals, nor may we act as a judge or arbitrator in individual disputes. If you would like to pursue the matter, you may wish to contact a private attorney, or work with your current attorney, if you have one. 

Also I am trying to research when GE Capital Retail Bank started issuing Paypal credit cards.  Having problems looking to see who it was in Oct 2008. To the best of my knowledge, they are not the original Bank who issued mine. The reason I ask is there is a question of my First request for Admissions from PRA asking if I agreed to the CC from GE.

Also I am trying to research when GE Capital Retail Bank started issuing Paypal credit cards.  Having problems looking to see who it was in Oct 2008. To the best of my knowledge, they are not the original Bank who issued mine. The reason I ask is there is a question of my First request for Admissions from PRA asking if I agreed to the CC from GE.

I looked at the requests for admission you posted elsewhere. This is the perfect example of a reason to deny an admission. If you have any reasonable doubts about a statement they are making you don't have to admit to it. It is their burden of proof.

I am not familiar with your state's rules of civil procedure, you need to check them out. In TX any question that ask you to admit several issues at once can be denied because it is too broad and in violation of the rules.

@Spencerlynn

It appears that debt buyers are not currently considered collection agencies in WA.  However, your governor just signed an amendment to the WA debt collection act that does include debt in the definition of collection agencies.  Unfortunately, it doesn't take effect until October.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1822&year=2013