Deleting your personal information from the web

Morson

I've been following advice given in online privacy articles and contacting websites directly to remove my personal information. Most of them have.

I am however having difficulty with about 10 or so sites. I have used WHOIS information to contact their hosters, and I either get no response or they tell me they can't do anything.

I've gone ahead and reported each of the websites to the BBB, and will report the hosting services to the BBB as well.

My next step would be to file a complaint with the FTC on both the website owners and their hosting services.

What else can I do to get my personal information deleted from these remaining sites? 

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I knew about the Wayback Machine.  But at least a person needs to know a specific URL to plug into the Wayback Machine.  If I can at least make my personal information unviewable with a simple Google search, at least those URLs will be harder for the novice identity thief to find.