Asset Acceptance Default Judgement to Garnish Income Tax- MI

RaRa

I recently (5 days ago) received a court order in the mail dated December 2012 and signed by Judge 1/9/13 stating that Asset Acceptance could take my state income tax. I filed my 2012 taxes and they were kept for driver responsibility fees. I didn't file my state taxes from 2011 because of this reason but was looking to file them now because I already paid the driver responsibility fees. Asset Acceptance is for a credit card that I had in 2009 totaling $000. My check was garnished for more than the amount of the credit card balance and now they are saying that I owe them another amount that will make me pay them twice the amount of the balance that I owed the original creditor! I don't want Asset Acceptance to get any more money from me............what can I do? Is it legal that  I am  just now receiving a letter regarding this. I have the envelope with the date that it just came. Please help! Can I file a motion to vacate or stop?

Yeah doubt there is much to do now... what did you did when the lawsuit came down... how did it get to judgment???

Not sure how it got to judgement. This is the first that I have heard of this. I do know that they are saying it is for a credit card that I had some years ago.

Guest usctrojanalum

That actually changes things quite a bit. Get all the documentation you can about it. Specifically to whom and how it was served.