Item removed from report then re-appears 6 months later

I have been somewhat successful in removing items from my reports.  Over the summer (August 2012)I removed a large negative from SRG, Strategic Recovery Group, who had purchased my debt from some other company that I can not recall the name of right now.  Anyhow, SRG had been off my Experian Report for at least six months (I check it every few months).  I know it was off in August and all the way through until January.  Recently, I checked my report again, and SRG is back on Experian.  They have only re-appeared on Experian and not the other bureas.  

I know I can dispute this again.  Does the length of time it was off my report indicate anything?  I never received a letter from Experian stating it went back on my report.  

Any advice on this?

@draexo - If Experian did not notify you in writing that they were reinserting, it is a violation of the FCRA.  You can send them an intent to sue letter if they do not remove the account immediately.  

I called Experian, against my better judgement, just to see what they would say.  I am told it was deleted in August 2012 for incorrect open date (open date was 11/5/2008).  SRG reported an open date of 6/1/2009.  That is the date they purchased the debtfrom HSBC.    In was off my report thru 1/1/13.  In February SRG put it back on with a different open date in 2011.  The agent is disputing it for me.  I will see what comes of it.  If not, I will follow up with a letter.  I have always disputed with certified mail before.

The agent disagreed and said FCRA does not require Experian to notify me.  Of course, that is the fox guarding the hen house!

Thanks!

1681i(a)(5)(B)(ii)

15 USC § 1681i - Procedure in case of disputed accuracy

(B) Requirements relating to reinsertion of previously deleted material

(ii) Notice to consumer If any information that has been deleted from a consumer’s file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

• Like 1

1681i(a)(5)(B)(ii)

15 USC § 1681i - Procedure in case of disputed accuracy

(B) Requirements relating to reinsertion of previously deleted material

(ii) Notice to consumer If any information that has been deleted from a consumer’s file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

That is what I thought.  I will see if they delete it again.  If not, I will shoot a letter off to them.