TU report came back with no changes

I disputed some items in my credit report.

I even attached the CA's (hired by OC) paid in full letter and their initial offer letter.

The dispute came back with no changes.

OC still reporting with unpaid balance.

In TU letter, they said that I could put a statement in my credit report but that's not what I want to do

What to do next?

Thanks.

TU can be very sneaky.

I recently disputed personal info and a collections account with TU. TU responded that my personal info was updated (but there was no change) and the collections account was verified, no change (supposedly they verified that the old information was correct, but there was no updated info).

I don't think TU contacted the data furnisher but was in a hurry to send a letter claiming the investigation had been completed. Keep reading, you'll see why it makes sense.

I sent another letter requesting the MOV and the name, address and phone number of the data repository from which they obtained info to "verify" the account. I asked them a few extra things and warned them about how their boilerplate wishy-washy answer that only states that the process is electronic.. blah blah blah... would be non-responsive and a willful violation of FCRA.

I got another copy of my report and the collections account is gone. Now, because it just disappeared and it was not part of the "investigation", TU avoided having to send an updated copy of the report to anybody who received a copy in the last few months.

TU did not respond to my MOV.

I think they are trying to call my bluff about a lawsuit. TU is in for a surprise.

TU can be very sneaky.

I recently disputed personal info and a collections account with TU. TU responded that my personal info was updated (but there was no change) and the collections account was verified, no change (supposedly they verified that the old information was correct, but there was no updated info).

I don't think TU contacted the data furnisher but was in a hurry to send a letter claiming the investigation had been completed. Keep reading, you'll see why it makes sense.

I sent another letter requesting the MOV and the name, address and phone number of the data repository from which they obtained info to "verify" the account. I asked them a few extra things and warned them about how their boilerplate wishy-washy answer that only states that the process is electronic.. blah blah blah... would be non-responsive and a willful violation of FCRA.

I got another copy of my report and the collections account is gone. Now, because it just disappeared and it was not part of the "investigation", TU avoided having to send an updated copy of the report to anybody who received a copy in the last few months.

I think they are trying to call my bluff about a lawsuit. TU is in for a surprise.

What's MOV?

@witchywitch

Method of Verification.

Under 1681i(a)(6)(A), a CRA has to send you the results of your dispute.  That notice must include that you can request "a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information".  (1681i(a)(6)(B)(iii)).

The method of verification that you would request falls under 1681i(a)(7) of the FCRA.

(7) Description of reinvestigation procedure

A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)((B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

TU can be very sneaky.

Good to know! I do believe I'll be doing the same thing! Can you post a sample copy of the letter you sent to give me a start?

THanks

You don't need the last paragraph unless you intent to sue. With this warning they will be forced to do something, either remove the tradeline or actually contact the data furnisher. The usual response is a generic, condescending letter that tells you that this is the 21st century and they use automated means to verify the information but in a long winded wishy-washy way they won't tell you who was contacted or where they got it from.

This is in reference to the results of your investigation into my disputes (see attachment).

It appears from your letter that you did not contact the data furnisher to verify the tradeline because the information was not updated to reflect recent changes and you only "verified" old data. Pursuant to FCRA 611(a)(6)( B )(iii), please provide a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information, including the name, business address, and, if available, the telephone number of each person contacted in connection with your investigation of the information in dispute. If you used a data depository, I hereby request the name, address and telephone number of the company that provided the information you relied on to make your determination.

Please be aware that your generic response stating that you use automated means to verify the information is not responsive to my request and will be considered a willful noncompliance.

Hope it helps.