Sign in to follow this  
dasickle

Warrant In Debt In Virginia

Hi,

I was served with a warrant in debt in Virginia and I wanted to see if anyone could help me understand my options better. I have attached a scanned copy of the warrant and affidavit.

My questions:

1) My credit limit was only $1700 yet they are telling me I owe $3241. How come?

2) Should I ask for the bill of particulars and if so how do I do it?

3) I never heard from any debt collectors regarding a settlement offer. Would it be wise for me to call them and see if I could settle it out of court? Will they be able to use it in court and just say no to any settlement?

I appreciate any advice. I am not trying to dodge paying. I just fallen on hard times after I lost my job not to mention 120k in college loans. I just cant afford them garnishing what little money I do have. 

post-108750-0-05340800-1367433813_thumb.

post-108750-0-58144600-1367433924_thumb.

Dasickle, post this in the "is there a lawyer in the house" fourm, and you will get help.  You don't have much time, you have to show up in court on 5/14, so do it now.

you will deny their claims, and the judge will set the matter for trial. Then we will walk you through the process of what you need to do to beat this. But post this in that fourm, so others from your area can help, my state has different rules.

here is the link on where to post it.  http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/forum/177-is-there-a-lawyer-in-the-house/