Sign in to follow this  
Goldbug

Where's the hook?

I need a new computer and Apple has "free financing" through Barkleycard. Has anyone had any experience with this offer? It would be nice to use somebody else's money, but life has taught me to be extremely skeptical of "free" anything!

All my "good accounts" are falling off and I need to add some. Thanks in advance for your help.

Link to offer, click Apply Now button to see the details and, no, I'm not trying to sell something. Just checking them out! LOL

http://store.apple.com/us/instant_credit

Best Buy does  that with a Visa card.  Pay it off in a certain period of time, and no interest.  that's how I got this laptop....

Thanks for the reply, willing. The Barkleycard is a Visa, so would you say that the offer is okay? How was your purchase at Best Buy reported on your CR?

The card had a Best Buy logo on it, but I think it was actually Crap 1 behind it.  Didn't seem to matter.  Used it to buy the laptop, and paid it off in less than a year,,,no interest.

As to how it was reported...i don't honestly know.  I haven't looked at my reports in a couple of years.