What the heck is Midland doing with this?!?!

j_in_colorado

There is an open account on my credit report and this is definitely incorrect. How can I remove it? Here is exactly what it says:

MIDLAND FUNDING

8875 AERO DR STE 200

SAN DIEGO, CA 92123

Account Type: Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection - Collections -- Non-Specific

• Amount Past Due: --
  • Monthly Payment: $0
  • Last Payment Date: --
  • Owner: Individual
  • Open Date: Sep 8, 2009
  • Original Balance: $0
  • Term: 1 months
  • Original Creditor: TRIBUTE MASTERCARD
  • Account in Dispute Yes

Do I send the credit bureau a letter now saying that it has been past 30 days and needs to be removed? I don't even remember disputing this so I have no idea when the dispute started. I'm assuming it was disputed a LONG time ago.

Send a Method of Verification letter to the credit bureaus.  Stress that this is not your account and you intend to take legal action if it is not removed.  If this doesn't work then send a 623 letter to Midland.  

Midland has been playing games with me as well in this fashion using incomplete trade lines showing no data listing an unknown account type. When I dispute, they complete the entry... Then 2 weeks later, it reverts back to the same incomplete trade line. Been playing this game since November. Hilarity! The game is dumb when they don't have to play by the rules. I have removed everything but a $30 dental collection where the Dr. refuses to deposit the checks I have sent CMRR and then this Midland one.

The next dispute letter will have a method of verification with an intent to sue as well as Midland is clearly attempting to skirt their reporting requirements. I should have plenty of attachments now. The problem with Experian is their minimum wage date entry folks. Half the time they refuse to even process the dispute claiming some required information has not been included. I have bold faced the info before and they still screw it up.

The next dispute letter will have a method of verification with an intent to sue as well as Midland is clearly attempting to skirt their reporting requirements. I should have plenty of attachments now. The problem with Experian is their minimum wage date entry folks. Half the time they refuse to even process the dispute claiming some required information has not been included. I have bold faced the info before and they still screw it up.

They also outsource to overseas, so English might be a problem.