Two agency's on one debt?

caligirl2012

I have an account with Walmart Discover card that was charged off and went into collections.

The first ca that had it was Integrity Solutions. I messed up and paid them 88 dollars in September 2012 and I relaized to late that it set the sol all over again.

The second ca that got it was/is CAC Financial.  They got it Nov 20, 2012.  They sent me a settelment offer of 25% off the original balance of 3442.00  The settlement offer that CAC sent me was dated April 19 2013 and was valid until May 2, 2013.

On April 30 I recived a voice mail from Leading Edge Recovery Solutions telling me they were a debt collecter and to give them a call.  I never returned their call.

Today I got in the mail a dunning letter from Leading Edge stating that my delinquent account has been placed with their company for collection.  This letter was dated April 30, 2013 and had a post mark of May 1 2013.

How can my account be placed with them on April 30 if according to the settlement offer I recived from CAC, their offer was valid until May 2?

I fully intend to send a dv letter.  In that letter can I request that all communication be in writing and no phone calls or should I send that in another letter?

If you didn't make a settlement with CAC Financial, it now being May 6, the conflict is moot.  In theory, they could have given a deadline they could have actually kept, but taking the debt back.  They could, in theory, have contract terms that allow them to exercise such an option in the first few days, for such things.  Or it may be that CAC Financial still owns the account, and Leading Edge Recovery Solutions is a debt collector working for CAC Financial.

So carry out your DV intentions with the CMRRR.  I would NOT make other requests or demands in the same letter.  Let that letter be clear and unambiguous that it is a DV letter asking for nothing more than what the law makes mandatory to provide (to allow them to resume debt collection).

Send another letter (also CMRRR) telling them "Phone calls are inconvenient at all times. I communicate important business and legal matters only in writing. You already have my address."  Send this to both.

Before dealing with either of them tell them you want proof that they own the debt or that they have been assigned the debt. They will not comply but you tell that they either send you the proof you want now or you will ask for the same proof in court.