Judgement an what to do now?

champcheermom

Let me give you some history....back in 2008 my husband got served a judgement against him from an attorney's office representing FIA Card Services. At the time he had signed up with a credit service that he thought would handle this judgement. They advised him to sign it and they would settle with them. So he signed a consent judgement. The company made an agreement to pay this attorney 400.00 a month until it was paid. Well the following year he received a 1099c from FIA card services and thinking that this judgement was through he cancelled the services with this company. Fast forward to 2013 and we are trying to purchase another home and FIA judgement shows up on his credit report. After I did research I found the attorney's address and proof of all the payments made. Apparaently it was not finished being paid. The amount owed per the judgement was appx. 15,000. He paid 4,000 and FIA wrote off 6,000. I sent a letter requesting they send a letter to the court that this judgement was satisfied, to see if they had records of his payments. The letter was returned because the attornies moved and left no forwarding address!! How are we suppose to get this fixed now? We have already disputed it on credit report for his name, the amount and even the account number but the bureuas will not remove it. THe account number listed on the judgement is not anywhere close to the ones he had. The name is somewhat close with his middle name first and some odd initial and his last name. I really do not know what to do now. Please help pointing me in the right direction.

• 2 months later...

An update. I called the court house where the judgement is held. The court house does not have the attorney that is listed on the judgement as practicing law anymore. However the firm is still practcing. So I send a certified letter to the firm requesting the submit satisfied order to the court. No response!! So I am devising a letter to CB with all information I have as paying and no response from Creditor etc to see if they can take it off. Do you think that is a good route or should I file to have it removed with the court house?

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry it's been a while since I replied but we have been busy. Here is what we have. We called the attorney office and they no longer have that file in their system told us to call FIA. SO we call FIA and they said there is nothing they can do because they no longer have the file in THEIR system. The attorney's that filed the judgement advised us to file a release of judgement with the court. Anybody ever done this? THIS IS THE LAST THING ON HIS CREDIT REPORT! WE are ready to get it off. Do you have a template or sample that I can use?

Thank you