Here is my problem with MCM/T-Mo.

dogbitesman

Here is my problem with MCM/T-Mo.  In 10/10, I had to cancel my account since I could not afford the monthly payments.  There was an ETF, so my ending balance was somewhere around $399 and change.  I sent in $50 over the next two months, and in 12/10, I received a collection letter, so the balance was down to about $299 at that point.  However, whatever collection agency it was at the time wanted $449.  I asked for a DV from them, and I was sent copies of my T-Mo bills ONLY through the ETF being placed on the account, it does not go past that when I made other payments.  There was no explanation either from them as to why it was $449 and not $399, which is the balance on the 10/10 bill.  Frankly, I wanted to pay it then and now, but I hate dealing with agencies, and I just was not sure how to argue, so I was immature and figured ignoring it would make it go away.  

I ignored them and then in October 2012 received a letter from MCM similar to above but told me I could get a 20% discount if I paid in full.  I never got around to replying and have never heard from them after a few calls (most likely) from them in Nov/Dec.  I now applied for a small loan and was denied but I have not heard why but can assume it is from this.  I want to send a DV, but it sounds like that may not work based on that response above.  I know they bought this probably for pennies on the dollar, but I would even give them the $299 I feel I do owe and willingly admit to.  Should I tell them that I made payments to T-Mo who obviously decided to sell the debt immediately yet not close my online account and allowed me to make payments.....?  I am not sure how to handle it in this type of situation.  Pretty annoyed at T-Mo too for taking my money as well.  MCM is going after the $449.  I really do want to get rid of this.  

Thanks for any help I can get with this!!

Here is my problem with MCM/T-Mo.  In 10/10, I had to cancel my account since I could not afford the monthly payments.  There was an ETF, so my ending balance was somewhere around $399 and change.  I sent in $50 over the next two months, and in 12/10, I received a collection letter, so the balance was down to about $299 at that point.  However, whatever collection agency it was at the time wanted $449.  I asked for a DV from them, and I was sent copies of my T-Mo bills ONLY through the ETF being placed on the account, it does not go past that when I made other payments.  There was no explanation either from them as to why it was $449 and not $399, which is the balance on the 10/10 bill.  Frankly, I wanted to pay it then and now, but I hate dealing with agencies, and I just was not sure how to argue, so I was immature and figured ignoring it would make it go away.  

I ignored them and then in October 2012 received a letter from MCM similar to above but told me I could get a 20% discount if I paid in full.  I never got around to replying and have never heard from them after a few calls (most likely) from them in Nov/Dec.  I now applied for a small loan and was denied but I have not heard why but can assume it is from this.  I want to send a DV, but it sounds like that may not work based on that response above.  I know they bought this probably for pennies on the dollar, but I would even give them the $299 I feel I do owe and willingly admit to.  Should I tell them that I made payments to T-Mo who obviously decided to sell the debt immediately yet not close my online account and allowed me to make payments.....?  I am not sure how to handle it in this type of situation.  Pretty annoyed at T-Mo too for taking my money as well.  MCM is going after the $449.  I really do want to get rid of this.  

Thanks for any help I can get with this!!

Please start a new thread of your own,,,,,,,,not nice to high jack another posters thread..... we will help you out if you can start a new thread of your own.