ARS National Services, Inc / Citibank, are they a JDB or Assignee of debt?

scarab

@scarab - It would be a pretty neat trick if you could just opt out of Lexis Nexis and not have your data reported back to the credit bureaus.  Then you could dispute bankruptcies and judgments and get them off, since Lexis Nexis is where this info comes from.  I guess that's why it's hard.  

I an going to look into this with some of my attorney colleges. I would think that Veterans that were in high security need to know basis with a high security clearance such a secret or top secret should be included in all to protect their families. Terrorists know where to look for this kind of info.

Lexis is about to be served any how.I have tried about six times to get a copy of their report on me and they always reply with a reason as to why I cannot.

Lexis is about to be served any how.I have tried about six times to get a copy of their report on me and they always reply with a reason as to why I cannot.

@BTO429 - Yeah, they are a credit reporting agency as defined by the FCRA, they need to give you a copy of their report.  

update:

Dunning letter from United Recovery Systems ( URS ) received.  Sent them a DV letter right away.  They have not received it yet, as its still on its way to them.  I sent it CMRR so I should get the green card back soon.

In the meanwhile  URS continues to call me.  They like to call from a number that is local to me (instead of to them).  THis is a little bit more clever than other CA's.  I will log the calls, though they don't leave messages, and compare the dates of the calls to the date on the CMRR when I get it back.

update:

Dunning letter from United Recovery Systems ( URS ) received.  Sent them a DV letter right away.  They have not received it yet, as its still on its way to them.  I sent it CMRR so I should get the green card back soon.

In the meanwhile  URS continues to call me.  They like to call from a number that is local to me (instead of to them).  THis is a little bit more clever than other CA's.  I will log the calls, though they don't leave messages, and compare the dates of the calls to the date on the CMRR when I get it back.

@scarab - can you record them?

I have the ability to record calls to my cell phone, but they seem to have stopped calling my cell, because when they call it, it tells them the line is disconnected.

Today I checked my landline, which I haven't checked for a while, and found a lot of hangups.  We almost nevery answer our landline so it almost always goes to the VM machine.  URS never leaves a message. 

I checked my landline online records, and it shows their calls.

Calls to my cell phone, that I don't answer, won't show up on my cell records until the next billing cycle, so I only have what my cell shows.

It will be interesting to see if they call the day of, or after, the signing date of the CMRR.   I should get the CMRR back in a few days, and I can compare the records.

These guys LOVE to violate FDCPA.  They get sued a LOT:

http://www.agrusslawfirm.com/united-recovery-systems/

http://www.rexandersonpc.com/fdcpa/united-recovery-systems-stop-getting-harassed/

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/04/unitedrecovery.shtm

Lots more where the above came from:
https://www.google.com/search?num=30&newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=YyR&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=United+Recovery+Systems&oq=United+Recovery+Systems&gs_l=serp.12..0l10.170989.170989.0.171941.1.1.0.0.0.0.78.78.1.1.0....0...1c.2.23.serp..0.1.77.8ac1F8IwK14

URS sounds worse the the CA Fred Williams worked for, as described in his book

Fight Back Against Unfair Debt Collection Practices: Know Your Rights and Protect Yourself from Threats, Lies, and Intimidation by Fred Williams

I have the ability to record calls to my cell phone, but they seem to have stopped calling my cell, because when they call it, it tells them the line is disconnected.

@scarab - So your un-disconnected phone gives out a message that it is disconnected.  To discourage bill collectors?

Mostly for telemarketers.

I can assign certain incoming calls to receive this greeting, instead of the normal greeting.    I assign them by the phone number of the incoming call.  I believe it works exactly the same way Customizing greetings and settings works on Google Voice.  https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115069?hl=en

The greeting I recorded is similar to this one:

So, if I notice a telemarketer calling me more than once, I assign their number to the greeting group and they hear the "phone disconnected" message.

Once upon a time, I worked in a profession that required me to give out my cell number to everyone, publish it on the web, etc.  Basically, the "do not call" registry did not apply to me anymore.  As a consequence, I got a zillion sales calls.  I still get calls trying to sell me something related to that profession even though I am no longer in it.

This would be a good trick for girls who are being stalked as well.

One other thing that may not be clear:  Calls from numbers not assigned yet will hear the normal voice mail greeting.

In this manner I was able to salvage my phone number and not be forced to change numbers.

URS is continuing to call me. 

I am sure my DV letter reached them by now (sent CMRR).  I should get my green card back any day now.

They are calling from a different number and they don't leave messages.  When I called the number back via skype, it doesn't pick up.  I think they are "spoofing" their numbers.   I think this is to make it harder to prove that they are calling consumers after DV and violating consumer rights.

Also, I am pretty sure I live in a "2 party" state with respect to recording calls.  So I will have to disclose that I am recording the call, if I choose to actually talk to URS on the phone.

More good info on URS: 

http://ftc.gov/os/2002/04/unitedconsent.pdf

http://ftc.gov/os/caselist/0023133/index.shtm

Not sure if URS will utilize the "attorney" they have used in the past, but I found this:

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=7166.0

They are calling from a different number and they don't leave messages.  When I called the number back via skype, it doesn't pick up.  I think they are "spoofing" their numbers.   I think this is to make it harder to prove that they are calling consumers after DV and violating consumer rights.

Also, I am pretty sure I live in a "2 party" state with respect to recording calls.  So I will have to disclose that I am recording the call, if I choose to actually talk to URS on the phone.

@scarab - how do you know it's them if they don't leave messages?

I guess I don't know for a fact that its URS.  I have been googling numbers I don't recognize.    For the particular numbers in question, URS keeps getting mentioned by people who post to various sites that report on telemarketer calls, and on forums similar to CreditInfoCenter.

• 5 months later...

Ok an update to this ongoing story:

I haven't heard a peep from any collections company since my last post in this thread.

It seems that Citicard is keeping this debt.  They keep sending me statements each month, tacking on additional interest fees.    That have tacked on an addtional $1000 to $1500 in fees over the past year.

How do I get them to close this account?  They should have charged it off last year and sent to a CA or sold to a JDB.  I want them to get on with this.

• 7 years later...