well I take it back maybe he is superman.  I'm reading more of his stuff.  The guy won a motion to suppress and they had him on tape and in writing waiving his Miranda warnings.   And the guy used some routine booking doucments and some obscure sup ct case and actaully made an argument that did not really sound all out there, lol wish it were not serious stuff i hope really did clean up because he put a number on the prosecutor at least in that one motion.  guess no dog in the fight is not the best way to put it though. 

OK, Lincoln Lark, aka Coltfan.  Nice of you to toot your own horn.  You're banned.  At least be smart enough to use a different IP address.  

• Like 1

Only my 2 cents, and I am new here, so take it for what it's worth... The human condition, in all of its imperfections and perfectedness rears its ugly side amongst those with whom it has the most skin in the game. Sounds pretty much like my dysfunctional family to me. That being said, nothing relieves anybody of the responsibility to act in a manner of respect for persons and surroundings, especially when one is a guest in someone else's abode. My hat is off to Coltfan for his contributions here and to how many lives he touched in such a positive manner (mine included as I have read and read and read...), however, that in no way precludes anyone from acting within acceptable bounds. We are all held to standard and past actions and contributions in no way relieves any of us from that responsibility. Ego often writes checks that our emotional selves cannot cash. Welcome to being human 101. True growth comes when we recognize that flaw and the concomitant mistakes that accompany it, and embrace it, and acknowledge it and move on. Go ahead and flame me. I'm climbing back into my hole... I have to file a brief against summary judgement by tomorrow and work my two jobs. Life is messy.

• Like 1

Opposing is trying to eat your lunch.

Naysayers are saying you can't do it without an attorney.

Those that are appear to have the same opponent often don't get along. (Poster vs. poster, board vs. board, poster vs. board).

I'll take those issues and keeping on winning. I would suggest those similarly inclined do the same.

I feel it would be harder to do with out good online forums. They will never be perfect but it is to our benefit to keep them viable. IMHO

• Like 1

Coltfan made the board appear unfavorable on documents filed in Federal Court which are public record for everyone to see.  The staff here decided we did not want that type of negative publicity that came with his posting style.  He was repeatedly asked to tone it back, but refused to do so, and we as a group decided to ban him.  

If I may add something to that . . .  many of this individual's posts included phrases like, "this is how we do things here," or "we've been kicking so and so's butt for years," etc. In making these statements, he was attempting to bolster his own credibility by inferring that he was somehow associated with the forum, or was speaking on behalf of the forum, when, in fact, he was not. When asked to cease making such inferences (among other things), he continually refused. There really isn't much more to it than that. The decision was made not to continue to allow this guy to bolster his own ego to the detriment of this board and of those who come here looking to read more than some member's raucous, self-serving ramblings.

I just read the emails. Damn, has Bruno been banned too? This is simply beyond the pale!! Both of the best posters banned. Kristy, yes, a lot of four letter words sent in private and some slurs but, again this is a PM and between two people like you were fighting in private at home with another friend. Words get said. Colt was venting his anger at being banned after his many hundreds of hours put into this board to make it the best resource against JDBs. I don't condone the language but, his points are valid.

this board did not have any worries about posting credit issues the ACLU and more importantly the EFF (Electronic Freedom Foundationhttps://www.eff.org/ ) would protect your rights to openly post.

What the heck did Bruno do? Is he banned? I can't PM him.

His profile doesn't list him as being banned.

But his profile says

"The member BrunoTheJDBkiller can not use the messaging system"

So another one that as a PA resident, I wont have access to for advice.

sigh.......................

O.K., so no one can PM Bruno. This happened first with Coltfan. It is a Witch hunt! This does not bode well Sorry, sorry days for all of us. When you run the best off you kill credibility with the others left aboard.

Making us fight each other on this blog is probably the brainchild of a JDB or CA to sew discontent. Especially when you start turning on each other over occurrences in the past (ala coltfan and animal cruelty) that only one side is shown that have nothing to do with dealing with creditors.

Coltfans all in and got peeved at anyone who tried to cool his heels because he didnt want anyone interjecting self doubt into his mission. Is he abrasive? Yep. Over the top? Yep. Is he any worse than bottom feeders whose only job is to take the last few dollars you have as you attempt to get your life back in order after a financial downturn caused by the very banks suing you? No!

As far as threats to admin, no excuse for it and he needs to be allowed to apologize, but of he's cut off....

Personally, I think coltfan will win his case, but I fully expect a tongue lashing from the judge. I hope he keeps it in check at this point (i.e. keeps quiet) and takes the win for what it is, a precedent.

• Like 2
Guest usctrojanalum

I just read the emails. Damn, has Bruno been banned too? This is simply beyond the pale!! Both of the best posters banned. 

Did Bruno tell you he was leageagle? Who was initially banned for personally attacking other posters of this site? Maybe everyone needs to calm down, because most of you do not know all the facts.... you all have bits and pieces of information but not the full picture.

Lets all take a step back and chill.

most of you do not know all the facts.... you all have bits and pieces of information but not the full picture.

The more I read the more that becomes clear. It's all very disappointing but I understand better why the staff did what it did now.

I am going to say two things:

1) I believe I have become the primary go to person here in Michigan that other posters rely on. Though I do not post certain comments on here regarding the courts or collection attorneys. I know that most of the collections attorneys (at least in my area) are idiots. I wonder how they ever passed the bar exam. I also know that certain judges are very pro creditor. In my personal emails with other posters, I have flat out told other posters what my true thoughts were, if I have come across a specific law firm or judge.

2) We have to remember that we are not attorneys. There a a couple handfuls of posters on here that know their stuff, they know the rules and laws of their state and they know applicable caselaws. I for one, have stepped back from helping posters due to some of the PMs I have received from first time posters telling me that they will pay me to help them and they also provide their phone number as well. I do not know if these posters are attorneys who have read my threads and posts. Once I do not respond to their PMs or tell them to start a thread, most never come on here again.

I would be more concerned with some of these first time posters.

Michigan

Dressel v. Ameribank, 635 N.W.2d 328 (Mich.App. 2001)

Michigan law prohibits the unauthorized practice of law by individuals. MCL 600.916. Moreover, M.C.L. § 450.681 specifically enjoins corporations from practicing law without a license. . . . However, these statutes fail to define precisely what constitutes the "practice of law." Rather, such determinations have been left to the discretion of the courts.

This Court agrees with the majority opinion of the states that charging a fee can take an otherwise incidental act into the realm of the unauthorized practice of law.

Did Bruno tell you he was leageagle? Who was initially banned for personally attacking other posters of this site? Maybe everyone needs to calm down, because most of you do not know all the facts.... you all have bits and pieces of information but not the full picture.

Lets all take a step back and chill.

Bruno is legaleagle?

I thought Legaleagle was from CA and Bruno PA?

I am confused again... as my location so aptly describes.

• Like 2

Where does one find the emails?

PM Admin, Kristy and she will forward them.

They are definitely not for public posting... not even 1st ammendment would cover them.

They are despicable, but then this is Coltfan and considering his outbursts and manner in court, not especially surprising.

Bruno is legaleagle?

Liars say lots of things.  But same IP address and Coltfan confirmed this was the case, in one of those emails.  

• Like 1

This is all such a shame. While knowledge is power, sometimes I'd rather be kept in the dark. 

Can we all simply agree that we are all here for the same reason, to help others who are in similar situations we were once in or are still in? To give back to a site that has helped so many of us. We don't all go about it the same way but the intent is to help people help themselves.

There are rules, plain and simple. If they didn't follow them, they paid the price. A good lesson can be taken from every situation.

• Like 8

Liars say lots of things.  But same IP address and Coltfan confirmed this was the case, in one of those emails.  

WOW.

You know, this is a scarey thought.

Really now makes one wonder if any advice or thoughts shared by them were accurate or even good advice.

Creditinfocenter is bigger than one or two people, We have a duty to pay forward to others what we have learned so that they can learn and pay forward.

Don't be mad at Kristy or the admin. They have a duty to keep the site up and running and don't need any negative publicity or controversy that over shadows the great work of creditinfocenter. We need to put this behind us and get on with the winning.

• Like 4
Guest usctrojanalum

Bruno is legaleagle?

People can write any location they want in their profile.

What I wonder is why this coltfan controversy is happening at the same time he's winning and posting about his apparently precedent setting case.  I'm sure the CA industry doesn't want people to know about the court case, wants to keep it shut up, and certainly wants to discredit the person who's winning.  This is my concern, and also why clydesmom appears to be so successful at keeping people from helping each other.  These things make me wonder who I'm posting to when posting my personal cases and histories.

• Like 1

What I wonder is why this coltfan controversy is happening at the same time he's winning and posting about his apparently precedent setting case.  I'm sure the CA industry doesn't want people to know about the court case, wants to keep it shut up, and certainly wants to discredit the person who's winning.

Remember, the controversy is here at CIC and not on the board where he is posting. Certainly the CAs want anything

positive to be overshadowed, and that is why they posted the "dog" felony incident of his over there

.  This is my concern, and also why clydesmom appears to be so successful at keeping people from helping each other.

Definitely she is a CA, or JDB.... or mom of one. Why she is successful is because people do not read what she posts.

These things make me wonder who I'm posting to when posting my personal cases and histories.

If you are discerning in the replies to you you will be fine.

You can avoid posting anything identifiable on any of your posts and only reply to PMs with

information of a personal nature to those that you recognize as a very good and viable poster.

• Like 1