Citi not complying with agreement

Harvest

I was able to get an agreed order, signed by judge for 50% payoff of a credit card back in January 2012.  The agreement was through an attorney for Citi with monthly payments.  I also requested that there be an order that Plaintiff report all payments as the were received to any credit bureau services. I have made all payments on time for last year and a half.

When I recently viewed my credit report it showed they were not reporting monthly payments but instead a large past due amount and as collection/charge off.  The account balance is incorrect as well as the "total amount" past due they are reporting.  It appears monthly as a negative collection mark but no monthly payment amount.  Account reports as "charge off as bad debt".  The agreement approved through court is with Citibank South Dakota N.A. as plaintiff.

Are they in breach of contract and what are my options at this point?  I am in the process of trying to repair credit and this doesn't seem right.  Thank you.

You are still not paying as originally agreed.  This is probably why they are reporting you late.  

I don't think they are in breach of contract since you didn't state there was anything in the agreement about reporting.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Yes, it was ordered in the agreement that Plaintiff report all payments as they were received and processed to any credit bureau services.  In addition, the amount they show due on credit report is incorrect, and I have sent certified mail on 2 occasions requesting correct statement balance that they have not replied to.

Thanks BV80,

I actually did just that, and Credit Bureaus came back that they verified everything as is.  Citi actually settled through an attorney - and agreement is between Citi and myself.  I just called the attorney to get the balance - and they verified the amount they I have calculated which is over $3,000 less than what is being reported.  They said they would mail a statement of this balance.

Is it possible that this Citi attorney is a CA?  I'm really confused about what is showing on the report.  Status says account charged off.  $0 written off, and then a past due amount which is $3,000 more than actual.  Recent balance info is a different and even higher number.  There is also a note now that Account info is disputed by consumer.

Should I contact OC after I received the statement of account letter from Attorney, or should I just go back to credit bureau once I receive letter from attorney with additional proof re: current statement of account?

Thanks in advance..