Labor Law Posters Collection

energizer

I have a u know the " Labor Law Posters" companies signing u up for the first year for like $5 and then actually subscribing you for updates to labor laws, OSHA, HIPPA, Minimum Wage Posters every few months and charging you/sending you a bill.

Can i do a 623 Method on a Labor Law Poster company who subscribed us & contracted with us for 3 years, saying the initial payment is only $15 and we will ship out those posters. We did receive the posters but after that they just drop one thing or the other in the mail updating those posters and we have tried to cancel the account but they say there is an outstanding balance of $249. Now this was done by one of our employees at work who took upon signing up for this labor law posters. He is no longer with us. There is no owner's of the business who have signed off on the original contract.

As i understand,  a 623 would not be applicable if a tradeline is not showing on CRA's. I have forever asked them to take us off their list, cancel the account but there is an outstanding balance of $249. It does not show on the CRA's as a tradeline at all yet, but they are annoying to the point that we get one too many calls per day for it. Last month, a collection agency letter was sent to us which was timely DV'd by us so far. (first ever communication + within 30 days). There is no response to it yet.

Other than paying them the full amount, what else can be done? Just sick of them. Every few months its a laugh around the front office and a fear that a parcel may be coming from this Labor Law Poster company.

No.....tell them to take a hike,,,send them a refusal to pay letter,,,,if they sue you state none of the owners signatures are on the contract,,,if this is so they cannot hold you to the contract......they will claim because it was an employee you are responsible, but all you have to do is show the court that you did not authorize any employees to sign a contract for the company.

Received a response today from RMS the collection agency for Labor Law Collections. They sent me a W-9 form & two invoices to show i owe them.

Nothing else!!!!

the letter says

Recently you requested info to support the creditors request for payment of this account. Enclosed is necessary info to identify the account.

It is to the creditors desire that this matter be resolved but they do not wish to wait any longer for payment and have requested the matter be concluded.

Please send us your check payable to creditor.

M. S

Collector

We are acting as a Debt collector. this letter is attempt to collect debt.

Tell them to take a hike still!!!.. Yes indeed I confirm that there is no owners signature on the contract!!!!!!!!! None.

Received a response today from RMS the collection agency for Labor Law Collections. They sent me a W-9 form & two invoices to show i owe them.

Nothing else!!!!

the letter says

Recently you requested info to support the creditors request for payment of this account. Enclosed is necessary info to identify the account.

It is to the creditors desire that this matter be resolved but they do not wish to wait any longer for payment and have requested the matter be concluded.

Please send us your check payable to creditor.

M. S

Collector

We are acting as a Debt collector. this letter is attempt to collect debt.

Tell them to take a hike still!!!.. Yes indeed I confirm that there is no owners signature on the contract!!!!!!!!! None.

"We received your response today.  The response failed to contain any valid evidence showing that we agreed to this.  We do not need to identify the alleged account.  We already know you are trying to collect on this alleged debt.  We demand that you PROVE this debt, just as you would be required to do when this ends up in court.  A legitimate creditor would have this proof.

We are acting as a victim of a scam.  This letter is an attempt to scare a scammer away to save the cost of putting scammers in jail."

so send them a cease and desist letter.  Tell them you are not paying, they better cancel the account, and do not contact you again....ever.  If they contact you at all with the exception for one letter or call to tell you how they will handle this, then you have an FDCPA violation on them.

You will however be forcing their hand into filing a suit.  But for 249 bucks?