Seems the Gunny opened another can of worms

BTO429

There is a court about 60 miles from me that debt collectors have been flocking to, you know, forum shopping.

Well this court has been ignoring court rules and making their own rules. They have never decided against a debt collector. Some of the former defendants have ended up paying up to four times the original debt.

Well for some reason the local news found out about this,,not saying how, and now it is all over the local news. Big investigation in process. The AG also found out about this.

I hope they nail this court to the wall for treating consumers they way this court has. It has become so bad that atty's in this area will not even take a case for a defendant if it is in that court. Been going on for several years now.

I hope this court is found guilty of what they really are. "We the people"

• Like 6

Nice Job Gunny! Make sure and tell "deep throat" THANKS if you ever run into him/her! xtookewlx

My question has always been who benefits from these type of places?  I have read where collection cases account for 50% or more of the cases in some courts. Some judges complain about this, while others don't seem to care. I just wonder if all of these cases didn't exist would the courts need fewer judges? If that is the case then all of these lawsuits may be like job security for some judges. 

On another related topic the debt collectors are always justifying what they do by talking about all of the money they collect like it would not exist if they didn't get it. Sure they create some jobs, but if they didn't get this money it would still go somewhere. Its not like the people they prey on have extra money laying around to hide. They would just spend it other places that would create extra jobs in other places.