Jump to content

California: Default Judgement in 2010


Recommended Posts



Is there any way to get a default judgement vacated and removed from the record after so long a time has passed?


We settled the bill before the default judgement was received.


Unbeknownst to us, the wheels were already in motion, and although the debt was settled in 12/2009, the original creditor was able to secure a default judgement in 3/2010.


There is evidence to suggest that an "acknowledgment of satisfaction of judgementt' was submitted in 2/2010, but was rejected by the court because there was no judgement at that time.


An EJ-100 was submitted and entered into the record in 10/2011.


Since the debt was settled before the default judgement was obtained, seems like there should be some way to have it removed, but I know there are short windows of time to address that.


If there is no way to have the judgement removed, can I request, successfully, the credit reporting agencies remove it from their records?


Thank you for any adive you can provide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can check with the clerk for the form, but file a motion to vacate along with your proof the debt has been settled.  I doubt they will object to it if all the debt is paid.  If there is anything stil owing, they may object to it until the debt is completly paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.