caught off guard by Midland Funding

credithelp2013

I answered my phone today unaware that it was a collection call from Midland Funding. Once I realized who it was I stated I did not recognize the alleged account that they were calling about. I asked for validation by mail and stated that it was inconvenient for me to receive phone calls and that I requested any further contact be made by mail only. The account manager stated that I would have to call another number to request validation and until I did this he could not guarantee that I would not be contacted by phone. My question is was my original statement of no phone contact enough to protect my rights under the FDCPA or would I still have to call again to request validation and no phone contact from the collection agency.

However he was supposed to give you the address to send that letter. Calling that number would be to their compliance department so call there and get the address OR get the address from here and mail the letter forthwith.

also prepare for litigation. It will be easy since they like to make form complaints you will be ready for more options such as Motion to quash, Demurrer, and a really good answer.

I think this will play out nicely for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I too was caught off guard by a "UNKNOWN" caller id on my phone which also happened to be Midland funding. They kept asking for my name and reminded me over and over that i am on a recorded line and i kept saying no he is not available here.,

So then just expect to be sued? is that it? or send a C & D Letter.

What is the SOL in Texas for Phone Bills from T-Mobile?