to answer or not

Hello , I have mentioned some of this stuff before but there is a reason for bringing some of it up today . Lawsuit filed July l

last year , received Mar this year sent in the answer to the court . I then got the creditors address from the 3 credit agencys

and online  sent letter,  answer and registered letter . Now 2 months later 2 of them have been returned and I wonder about the last one . When the BBB tried to contact them and got no reply they put my email on the letter . A few weeks after I get an email from the creditors attorneys . The thing is I smell a rat , the question is should I send a copy of the answer to the

attorneys or is it to late. Lawsuit is filed and  thats it.

Usually when a lawsuit is filed and there is no activity on it there is an applicable expiration date, usually 6 months depending on your states rules for civil procedures. If the summons and complaint is not refiled then it is dismissed by the court. I would call the Court Clerk and try to determine the status. Hopefully there is no default judgment against you. 

You should at least file a motion to dismiss for lack of prosecution or frivolous law suit. 

HP

Thankyou , I called the court today and apart from the lawsuit being filed and my answer on file thats all there is. I did file a motion to dismiss because of all the shady dealings associated with this case . Anyway it was returned by the court because apparently in CA at least the defendant can not file to dismiss a case . Also as others on here have said they can let it linger on for up to two years. It seems out of order that someone can accuse you of something in a court and then do nothing .

Called the court today same thing just lawsuit filed and my answer . The gal there the judge would be doing something soon to get the ball rolling , not sure what it was though. Also sent the B O P today registered mail ,just have to wait and see.

Thanks Racecar nice one , another thing I wonder about .If  I have it right does not the plaintiff have to mail you a copy of the served papers if they sub/served the papers. As I mentioned before the creditors attorney must have obtained my email from my complaint against them with the BBB. They email me a proof of service paper just about all BS , but  it states on it when the P O S was filed with the court  , no court seal on it and court has no record of it . Do you think this is just intimidation ?