bambi

being sued, what's next?

If it were to get sold off, prob. To a JDB, am I still obligated to pay them?

You need to see the WRITTEN terms to the settlement agreement.

I know Hot, I took it as a compliment, I was just giving you a hard time.  Thanks for all of your encouragement, insight, and helpful tips.  I am so much better off, not having to worry about this anymore, well. . .  not having to work on this case anymore, I still have the payments, which were mine in the first place.  Now, it's forward we go, and work, work work to pay it off.  Thanks again, to you and everyone, you're all the best.

• Like 1

Glad it worked out for you, Bambi. If knowledge is power, you got a lot stronger over the past several months.

• Like 2

Thanks both of you!  I think I will be okay, just going to make it.  And no trial date yet. 

Emm...thanks for the like, but I was wrong and I will not make additional discovery requests within timeframe allowed by court.   Plaintiff has not responded to my requests for docs in the timeline either. So I am reading on rules on motions in limine.  Lame excuses from them in meet & confer.  They will send a partial discovery response.  Perhaps I would best be served by a motion to reopen discovery.  I don't see how a motion to compel helps me much. How could I effectively request admissions or interrogs without a lick of info. Am a little lost, but I know will prevail with all these bright thoughts I am navigating. Any input is much appreciated!

Emm...thanks for the like, but I was wrong and I will not make additional discovery requests within timeframe allowed by court.   Plaintiff has not responded to my requests for docs in the timeline either. So I am reading on rules on motions in limine.  Lame excuses from them in meet & confer.  They will send a partial discovery response.  Perhaps I would best be served by a motion to reopen discovery.  I don't see how a motion to compel helps me much. How could I effectively request admissions or interrogs without a lick of info. Am a little lost, but I know will prevail with all these bright thoughts I am navigating. Any input is much appreciated

***You can file MIL's to strike evidence you have already received from them. 

You can file MIL's to strike the evidence that is provided to you in the  "partial response to discovery" and possibly a MIL to preclude any further evidence (since you did not get it in discovery).***

Emm...thanks for the like, but I was wrong and I will not make additional discovery requests within timeframe allowed by court.   Plaintiff has not responded to my requests for docs in the timeline either. So I am reading on rules on motions in limine.  Lame excuses from them in meet & confer.  They will send a partial discovery response.  Perhaps I would best be served by a motion to reopen discovery.  I don't see how a motion to compel helps me much. How could I effectively request admissions or interrogs without a lick of info. Am a little lost, but I know will prevail with all these bright thoughts I am navigating. Any input is much appreciated

***You can file MIL's to strike evidence you have already received from them. 

You can file MIL's to strike the evidence that is provided to you in the  "partial response to discovery" and possibly a MIL to preclude any further evidence (since you did not get it in discovery).***

Thank you for your helpful response.  I am going to guess that I may get the discovery soon.  Just a guess. But, I know that if I do get it, will definitely be partial.