Credit report nightmare

When I pulled my credit reports in January of this year, I found two negative accounts on them that weren't mine.  One from Citibank and one from BoA.  I contested them as not mine and the Citi account was removed but BoA verified the account.  I have been fighting for over half a year to get an account that is not mine off of my report.  Well, I just got a letter in the mail from Experian about a new negative being added to my account so I pulled my reports and found that now I have a Target National Bank negative listed on my report that was apparently charged off in 2009 (the same year as the BoA).  It looks like I am either the victim of ID theft (though there is a very good payment history from the time the account was opened in 2005 until 2009 so very unlikely) or my credit report has been merged with that of someone who shares my VERY common name.  How does one fight this with the credit bureaus?  I have tried to have incorrect phone numbers removed to no avail, mailed in copies of my driver's license, utility bills, you name it to prove my identity.  Contacted the reporting banks.  Nothing seems to work.

Edit: Ok, I just read your post in a different thread. So the account is yours, but BoA is reporting it wrong.

Now that you know what account they are reporting, you need to send them proof that the loan was paid off and demand removal or correction. Then dispute again with the CRAs including your proof.

Please notice it's not enough to show that someone (or the CRA) is reporting inaccurate info. In order to win a lawsuit you have to show you suffered some damages. Have you been denied credit or insurance or have you had any other adverse actions taken, like an increased APR or a reduced credit limit?

If it comes to a lawsuit you need to sue the banks and the CRAs together. Otherwise they will blame everything on whoever is not a party to the lawsuit. Let the court figure out who is responsible.

You should contact a NACA attorney.

@schmitzy84 - an intent to sue BofA letter might work.  You didn't say if you sent BofA a letter asking for verification - that might also be a good move.  It might be all that will help your case.  

I sent a 623 verification letter that was ignored so I filed a complaint with the CFPB to which BoA stated they had never received any of my prior complaints and stated they had provided proof it was mine attached to their response to the complaint.  The "proof" was not attached until after the second complaint (explaination below).  I am now working with a lawyer for the BoA issue because they keep changing their story but depending on how this keeps going, I may have to find a more specialized lawyer. 

Edit: Ok, I just read your post in a different thread. So the account is yours, but BoA is reporting it wrong.

Now that you know what account they are reporting, you need to send them proof that the loan was paid off and demand removal or correction. Then dispute again with the CRAs including your proof.

The account BoA is reporting as late is NOT mine.  I have the account that is mine on my report (a loan) and that account is being reported correctly as paid off/never late, but there is also a SECOND account (a credit card) that is on there that is not mine.  They tried to prove the credit card account is mine by sending me checks from 2008  that were used to pay for the loan account that was mine.  I always write my account number on the notes lines of checks and the account number listed is that of my loan NOT of the credit card. 

It seems like everytime I get one account off that is not mine, another shows up.  I had to have my husband co-sign on a lease for a car because I couldn't get it myself with the negative items on my credit report.  He also had to be the primary on the insurance for it as well because my premium would have been about $80 higher because of my credit.  We are looking at buying a home soon (which is why we pulled our credit reports in the first place) and with these negatives on there, there is no way we would qualify for a mortgage. 

I have also been trying to change my name with the CRAs which is also proving to be a massive undertaking.  They are claiming that none of my accounts show my married name, but I changed my name on all of my accounts when I got married.   I have mailed in a copies of bills with my married name on them, I have mailed them a certified copy of my marriage license.  It is getting so ridiculous. 

The account BoA is reporting as late is NOT mine.  I have the account that is mine on my report (a loan) and that account is being reported correctly as paid off/never late, but there is also a SECOND account (a credit card) that is on there that is not mine.  They tried to prove the credit card account is mine by sending me checks from 2008  that were used to pay for the loan account that was mine.  I always write my account number on the notes lines of checks and the account number listed is that of my loan NOT of the credit card.

It appears you need to speak to a consumer attorney about a lawsuit.

You can show damages with those adverse actions, plus you have all the documentation showing that you tried to remove it... You should be able to find an attorney who will take it on a contingency basis if you don't want to pay up front. Seems like a very straight forward case. Shop around for a good NACA attorney in your area. Most of them are great.