credithelp2013

Tax Lien removed from credit report but no jump in FICO score?

I applied and received a notice of withdrawal from the IRS for a tax lien. As I had no time until later in the week to go to the post office to send the lien release CMRRR I decided to fax the release to Experian. Later that night I received an email stating my dispute with Experian was complete and to long on to see the results. I was pleasantly surprised to see that tax lien release that I had sent earlier in the day was processed and deleted from my credit report. Today I pulled a new Experian report in hopes of seeing a jump in my credit score due to the deletion of the tax lien. While the lien no longer shows my credit score stayed the same. Shouldn't I have seen some kind of score improvement due to the removal of the tax lien from my credit file?

The score you are  looking at is either the Experian FAKO score or the FICO Bank Card score (the "sucker score").  Both are designed to tell the CC companies who they can make money from.  Neither care about Tax Liens.

A) Give it more than a day

B) The score could be a collective if you are looking at FICO so check Equifax, Trans Union etc..

Yes once it is removed from ALL bureuas (assuming it is on the other two) your score should show some improvement.