Collector has not cashed last check for settlement

mpace86

Hi, im new here to the forurm but i have used the website pretty often.

I settled with zwicker and associated in court in february for less than half the amount owed. It was agreed to pay it in 6 installments, but i actually paid it out in 5.

i sent them a check last month to finish the remaining balance with a letter explaing this was the last check, copy of the court settlement, and payment histtory for the past 5 months.

they have not cashed that check yet.

Is this normal for a final payment check? Should i call them or write them? Arent they in violation of the court?

the settlement was done in court and a stipulation was written up, i have a signature saying they recieved the letter i sent with the check also.

any help would be appreciated, not really sure what my next move should be.

Thanks

@mpace86 - you paid with personal checks?  You should have paid with money orders.  

How long has it been since you sent the check?

They recieved it on the 6th.

i figured personal checks would be best to track the payment history

They are bound by the agreement. I would send a folllow up letter Certified Mail reminding them that the check has not been presented for payment and a close out letter sent.

Thank you i will do this. If they still dont cash the check, what would my next move be? Contact the court?