PFD v/s Do Not Respond to my Dispute

energizer

I have been reading thru this forums on debt settlements & it has occured to me that in your debt negotiations/settlements etc it matters whether you are within SOL or out of SOL. You could be out of SOL and have chargeoffs and have just 2-3years remaining to the 7 years dropoff your credit report.

If you only have 2-3 years to dropoff, why ask for a PFD/Settlement ever? It only is appeasing yourself with the idea that you have basically taken care of your debts. I feel like unless emergency warrants such as buying a house / applying for business loan that a charged off waiting to fall off within 2-3 years shouldn't be negotiated/settled. I think CA/JDB's would know you are desperate.

On the other hand, you can settle for a amount with the condition of saying" do not respond to my dispute". I think technically, OC/CA/JDB with tradelines on credit reports cannot realistically agree with their debtors of doing a pay for delete? Isn't that right? Atleast thats what i have gathered.

I chose to start a whole new discussion here thinking contrary to what people believe they want a PFD, its always better to demand that " do not respond to a dispute putforth by "me" and it will delete itself.

Once deleted, i believe it cannot be inserted back again? is that right?

Also, only the most recent accounts not yet charged off or chargeoff within the first 2 years of the 7 year cycle bear importance to negotiating a settlement? I have a CA with tradeline that is on my credit report for 2 & half years now, but the OC/CA DOFD is falling off within a year? Just having them on credit report for so long STINKS but knowing it will fall off within a year motivates me to not be bothered by it.

So my question really is " is it not a good idea to ask for " do not respond to my dispute" when doing settlement negotiations. Why anyone would demand removal of tradeline or PFD?

@energizer - I'm not sure I follow you.  I don't think it's possible to ask a collection agency to "do not respond to my dispute" as part of settlement.  Pay for delete is used when you want to remove a collection from your credit report.  Some people don't want to wait 2-3 years, they want the collection off of their credit report.   

so pay for delete request can be honored only by CA's.Just like when an account status is listed as "Collections" on your credit report. If you also have an OC tradeline, in that case what u r saying is pay for delete by an OC is unacceptable?I think OC's would also take a PFD?

But I believe if you ask a CA/OC " i would like a PFD" the answer is most likely a " no" we dont do that? On the other hand, if in your agreement you have the wordings" Do not respond to my dispute" to either CA/OC thats very much acceptable and more OC/CA would be willing to sign that?

Its what i think i have inferred?

most PFD happen for very smaller $$$$ bill mostly belonging to Utiltiy company (Phone/Electric Bills). These r known to be in the 100's but not exactly in the 1000's.

Thats why its so much easy to PFD; you can pay it off in full and CA may delete it.

Trying to PFD $3000 v/s $300; $300 is just easy to PFD; thats what most CA bills from Utilities r (Phone/Elec).