Hi,

I'm been doing a little reading on this but I'm still unsure as to how to go about this, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

A few months ago, I pulled up my credit report and realized there were two entries on it from a certain telephone company. I disputed the entries with all three credit bureaus; they all came back verified.

I then called the telephone company, and was told that these accounts were 'at a zero balance' and that they did not have any original records on them. I did get the representative's name, customer ID, and date/time of call (I take good notes! lol), so her statements should be verifiable.

I'm planning on writing a 623 letter, but I'm unsure if I send it to the CA (as if they'd assist me anyhow) or if I send it to the legal department of the telephone company. From what I've read, I would send my 623 to the legal department of the telephone company, but I'm unsure of what to do.

If I was supposed to, in fact, send the 623 to the legal department of the telephone company, what does the telephone company do next? Contact the CA's and tell them to remove the entry from my CR? How does all of this work?

Thank you SO much for reading this :) I appreciate your help!

Hi,

I'm been doing a little reading on this but I'm still unsure as to how to go about this, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

A few months ago, I pulled up my credit report and realized there were two entries on it from a certain telephone company. I disputed the entries with all three credit bureaus; they all came back verified.

I then called the telephone company, and was told that these accounts were 'at a zero balance' and that they did not have any original records on them. I did get the representative's name, customer ID, and date/time of call (I take good notes! lol), so her statements should be verifiable.

I'm planning on writing a 623 letter, but I'm unsure if I send it to the CA (as if they'd assist me anyhow) or if I send it to the legal department of the telephone company. From what I've read, I would send my 623 to the legal department of the telephone company, but I'm unsure of what to do.

If I was supposed to, in fact, send the 623 to the legal department of the telephone company, what does the telephone company do next? Contact the CA's and tell them to remove the entry from my CR? How does all of this work?

Thank you SO much for reading this :-) I appreciate your help!

@Blinkybambam - I would send a letter to the phone company telling them to recall the listing from the collection agency since there is a zero balance.  It might work.  

However, I would send the 623 letter to the collection agency telling them what you printed here, that there are no records, and the balance is zero so there should be no collection activity.  You might hint that there are possibly FCRA violations (reporting something that can't be verified).  

Hi, 

Thanks all for replying. So I've got an update on this. I sent a 623 letter to the OC explaining the issue; they sent me a letter explaining that they'd like me to call them. I called them, got some hillbilly who was all "Well, we have records of your account, um, we just um, sold them to a CA so we're gonna keep this on your report." I think this is ridiculous. There's no way they could have verified it prior to this, and now they're unwilling to remove the listing. What should I do next?