gwheelock915

Coltfan Dep. Release Party

Some love him, some loathe him, good viewing all feelings aside.

• Like 10

So ............. where is it?

Maybe on the other board?

• Like 1

pretty entertaining.  first half is on his anxiety attacks, they are pushing that right? lol  The lawyer sounds like she has not given to many depos, seemed nervous.  all in all, nice to put a face with the name. :)  Good luck to him. 

Shame on me...I'm in loving that fly suit!

And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how he nearly loses structural integrity of his straight face when she tells him to ask questions if he doesn't understand something. There's a brief flash of smile where he looks dead at the camera, then immediate straight face.

Mr. Coltfan...I am in awe of your composure and control of the situation. Mighty impressive. If it had been me, I don't think I could have heard her questions over what would have been the sound of my thundering loud heartbeat!

But that suit! ;)

• Like 1

lmao watching the part where he give them the other case and the judge ruled in his favor over a motion.  very entertaining. an OMG the friends with benefits is to funny.  and he tries to seem so innocent, but is really pissing them off lmao.

I'd love to have seen her face during the apartment manager part!

I hope he catches that he left his full name it at one point.

No doubt about it, from 'dog poo over there', to 'friends with benefits, to my all time fav comment, 'I've got a nervous twitch here on my thumb (holds thumb up for her to see), this was an amazing feat of keeping his cool.

And at one point, like around 33 minutes, he smirks right into the camera!

The lawyer sounds like she has not given to many depos, seemed nervous.  

Coltfan posted her name on the other board, so I looked her up on linkdin. She's not young and fresh out of college but she doesn't have a lot of legal experience. I think it's a year or 2 at most.

I'd love to have seen her face during the apartment manager part!

I hope he catches that he left his full name it at one point.

No doubt about it, from 'dog poo over there', to 'friends with benefits, to my all time fav comment, 'I've got a nervous twitch here on my thumb (holds thumb up for her to see), this was an amazing feat of keeping his cool.

And at one point, like around 33 minutes, he smirks right into the camera!

Depos should have everyone on camera.  You need to see the facial expressions (and hand gestures, etc) of the people asking questions to really get the meaning of the questions as the one giving answers sees it.  Otherwise it is an incomplete legal document.

Pretty funny- says his first lawsuit was participating in a class-action suit against Milli Vanilli for lip-synching and he was awarded $1.25.

Just asking...do I understand correctly that this deposition is in relation to a lawsuit he filed because some collector embarased him by contacting him via voice mail that friend overheard about a debt for ER visits that he refused to pay for because, even though he checked in, the doctors didn't see him fast enough so he walked out without treatment, and he therefore didn't think he owed the hospital anything?

Just asking...do I understand correctly that this deposition is in relation to a lawsuit he filed because some collector embarased him by contacting him via voice mail that friend overheard about a debt for ER visits that he refused to pay for because, even though he checked in, the doctors didn't see him fast enough so he walked out without treatment, and he therefore didn't think he owed the hospital anything?

No.

This is a deposition for the FDCPA lawsuit that was filed because some collector disclosed to a third party.

• Like 1

No.

This is a deposition for the FDCPA lawsuit that was filed because some collector disclosed to a third party.

I understand that.  But what was the original debt for?

I understand that.  But what was the original debt for?

For an FDCPA claim, the underlying debt is irrelevant.

You will have to ask Coltfan to post what the original debt involved.

• Like 1

No, the defendant violated a Cease and Desist, refusal to pay.

Here is the entire case to date. This is all public knowledge.

http://archive.recapthelaw.org/ared/89890/

• Like 1

For an FDCPA claim, the underlying debt is irrelevant.

You will have to ask Coltfan to post what the original debt involved.

I thought at the start of the video, he was discussing the original debt.  I'm just trying to understand.

According to Birddog, I am confused too, so Coltfan should say for himself what it is about.

The case is based on third party disclosure, and attempting to collect on a debt after a cease and desist was issued by him. Also at issue is that the CA was not licensed to operate as a CA at the time they attempted to collect the debt, as I believe their license had been revoked by the State of AR.

The validity of the underlying debt is irrelevant. I can't speak for anyone else here, but if the relevance of the underlying was so important, none of us would be here--we'd all be homeless being garnished by AA and Midland. 

• Like 2

That's what he said. After the lawyer drilled him for an hour on previous medical conditions he must have said 50 times that he has already had anxiety issues, anxiety attacks, numerous ER visits in relation to the pre existing condition, as well as being on meds for years for the anxiety and psychological issues.

I would assume that the lawyer was attempting to lay a foundation that Coltfan has already had anxiety issues as well as psychological disorders long before the bottom feeder sued him and that they did not cause the anxiety; but rather by Coltfan's own testimony (by declaration) all of these issues were pre existing. From there the lawyer (with the help of Coltfan) went on to establish that he was prescribed medicine for these issues but stopped taking them and was not on the medication at the time the bottom feeder brought the lawsuit.

I was hoping he would not have edited out the part were he tells the lawyer all about this website and some of the people on it.

I do hope the bottom feeder has to pay him money though. I thought he said the suit was for 50k however.

Why can't I see the videos (I'm assuming that there is a video in IHeart's post)?

I think he was implying that the call has exacerbated his condition.

• Like 1

I think he was implying that the call has exacerbated his condition.

Yes. And the lawyer picked up on that as well. From there she was able to get on record that Coltfan has been prescribed meds for his psychological disorders, but at the time of his "exacerbation" he was not on the mind leveling medication, nor did he seek medical attention for the anxiety (as he had done in the past).

I guess I look at this with mixed emotions:

Yes, the case he's filed is for violating the FDCPA (although, it isn't mentioned that under that law, the CA is entitled to one more communication after a C&D).  I, too, am delighted when someone stands up and fights back...and makes the CAs and JDBs pay for their violation of the law.

On the other hand, in this case (and maybe the Best Buy incident, and several others he's talked about before), I can't help but feel he's scamming the system.  If the underlying debt is legitimate (and, in this case, there is maybe a bit of "I'll show them for making me wait my turn), maybe he's gone a little overboard.

Its kind of like the Welfare System...there are people that legitimately need help and there are people who take advantage of the process.

If I were asked to be on his jury, I'd had a tough time deciding in his favor.