Equifax Issues

I am having so many issues with Equifax!  I got married and have been trying to change my name with Experian for over two years now.  I have sent them a copy of my new social security card with my married name, my drivers license and a certified copy of my marriage license.  They refused to change it because they claimed that my creditors were not reporting for my married name so my report had to stay under that name.  I sent them copies of my loans that show that my name has indeed been changed with my creditors but they still have not changed my name and now I cannot get a copy of my report until I send them a copy of my drivers license and social security card (again!) because there is a question about my identity - according to their online request form.  All three are listing two accoutns that aren't mine, but Equifax is listing the TNB account twice - once under Target and another under TD or whatever the new owner's name is.  Different account numbers but with the exact same information including charge-off date, amount due, history. 

I have a lawyer who is dealing with BoA and Target on the accounts but how do I go about getting Equifax to recognize my name change.  TransUnion and Experian have no issues with it.

We phoned Target and were told they didn't have any information about the alleged account (such as amount owed) because they had transfered it to Farrell and Seldin in 2010.  My lawyer asked them if that meant they had sold it or only hired the firm which the rep for Target said she was unsure if the firm was representing Target or if it had purchased the debt because she had no documentation.  The only thing they could tell from their records was a supposed date the account was opened.  They gave us the phone number to Farrell and Seldin which my lawyer and I tried to call twice.  The first time we got a message saying to press #1 for English or #2 for Spanish.  When #1 was pressed the message played again.  The second time we tried, it just rang.  As much as I had hoped to avoid it, it looks highly likely that we are going to court with Target.

We phoned Target and were told they didn't have any information about the alleged account (such as amount owed) because they had transfered it to Farrell and Seldin in 2010.  My lawyer asked them if that meant they had sold it or only hired the firm which the rep for Target said she was unsure if the firm was representing Target or if it had purchased the debt because she had no documentation.  The only thing they could tell from their records was a supposed date the account was opened.  They gave us the phone number to Farrell and Seldin which my lawyer and I tried to call twice.  The first time we got a message saying to press #1 for English or #2 for Spanish.  When #1 was pressed the message played again.  The second time we tried, it just rang.  As much as I had hoped to avoid it, it looks highly likely that we are going to court with Target.

Sounds like there are 2 separate issues here - one with the collection and the other with Equifax.  I would definitely send an intent to sue letter to Equifax.  They are in willful non-compliance.  

About your Target account - what are you seeing that you are thinking of suing?

The Target account is listed on my credit reports but is not mine.  It is listed as a Charge-off as of September 2009 but had never been listed on my credit reports until January of this year - same as the BoA account that is also listed.  TransUnion has the Target account listed as "Paid in full - was charge-off" listed so the person who actually owned the account probably paid it ioff at sometime, though Equifax has it listed twice.  Target couldn't give me any information about it because the account had been transfered or possibly sold in 2010 and they gave the number of the collections law firm that they sent all the documentation to.  We are getting the run around trying to find out any sort of information about the account.  I have called the county clerk and records department for my county to see if I have any judgements against me and I do not nor are there any court cases currently against me.  I am doubting it is identity theft as the person whose accounts there are made payments on them until 2009 - at least according to the stuff listed on my credit report.  Someone's information has been crossed with mine, but neither the original creditors nor the CRAs want to admit it and fix it. 

The Target account is listed on my credit reports but is not mine.  It is listed as a Charge-off as of September 2009 but had never been listed on my credit reports until January of this year - same as the BoA account that is also listed.  TransUnion has the Target account listed as "Paid in full - was charge-off" listed so the person who actually owned the account probably paid it ioff at sometime, though Equifax has it listed twice.  Target couldn't give me any information about it because the account had been transfered or possibly sold in 2010 and they gave the number of the collections law firm that they sent all the documentation to.  We are getting the run around trying to find out any sort of information about the account.  I have called the county clerk and records department for my county to see if I have any judgements against me and I do not nor are there any court cases currently against me.  I am doubting it is identity theft as the person whose accounts there are made payments on them until 2009 - at least according to the stuff listed on my credit report.  Someone's information has been crossed with mine, but neither the original creditors nor the CRAs want to admit it and fix it. 

You're right - you need to sue Target.