credithelp2013

Received positive answer to DV request from Calvary, I think?

I sent a DV letter to Calvary Portfolio almost 2 months ago. Today I received a letter stating that Calvary acknowledges my dispute and the request for account validation. It goes on to state the they have already ceased collection efforts relating to the alleged account. It also states that they will contact me again and either provide validation or an update on the account status within 60 days from the date of this letter and that no collection efforts will be made unless and until account validation is provided.

My question is should Calvary still be reporting this to the Credit Bureaus as this account was still listed as of today. Also should I dispute this again and if the credit bureaus come back saying this was verified I could provide them with the letter that Calvary sent stating all collection activity is top until and if validation is provided.

Any thoughts, comments and or suggestions welcome.

Keep checking online at your court house for the lawsuit they will file.

Keep checking online at your court house for the lawsuit they will file.

I can only hope they file suit as the alleged debt is beyond the SOL and I would love to catch them on a FDCPA violation.

...that would be pretty sweet....

It looks like you will need to wait the 60 days for their final reply.  If they can not validate the debt and then send you a letter stating the same, then I would send that off the CRA's to get it removed from your report.

...that would be pretty sweet....

It looks like you will need to wait the 60 days for their final reply.  If they can not validate the debt and then send you a letter stating the same, then I would send that off the CRA's to get it removed from your report.

I amnot sure this will be enough for the cras to remove the account.....it sounds like it should be enough evidence, but these reporting agencies are very stubborn.