CA on a dues membership

spacemandave

I have been cleaning up old debts.  I had ~$2000 in outstanding maintenance fees from a time share.  I started paying down the debt at $200 a month.

Now it seems that when the balance was ~$900, they sent it to a CA.  In actuality, the balance is still current and is ~$500.  It has not been charged off as far as I can tell and is not on my credit report.

How should I handle the CA?

Is this a good format (apologies to racecar):

--------------------------------------

My Name
My Address

Their Name
Their Address

Account number

Date

Dear debt collector name,

This letter is in response to your letter dated 06/xx/2013.

I dispute this alleged account in its entirety.

As per the FDCPA 1692g, I am requesting validation of the alleged debt.
All phone calls are inconvenient, so all communications need to be by US mail only.

Best Regards,

My typed name

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE BY REGULAR MAIL

I, My Name do hereby certify that a true and exact copy of the foregoing Debt Validation letter was sent on 06/xx/13

To: CA's FIRMS NAME HERE was served by United States mail, postage prepaid, addressed as follows:

To CA's FIRMS NAME AND ADDRESS

my typed name here

Make a copy for my records

------------------------------------------

Or do I just dispute the amount?

I planned to continue to pay the OC, I just want to fire the CA.  I figured the DV would give me another 30 days.  Should I contact the OC and ask WTF?