Recieved debt validation after the required 30 days

kweingrad@gmail.com

Hi everyone, I need help. I recently tried to validate two debts. The first I "won". The second, I sent the frist letter asking for debt validation, no response within 30 days. I then sent another letter threatening legal action if they did not remove the negative reporting from my credit report. No answer for 30 days. I then finally receive from the original creditor, not the collection agency, statements of my debts. Since they responded after the required 30 days according to the law can I still take them to court to remove my debt or am I toast? Please help!

Thanks,

Kay

CA doesn't have to respond at all.  If they sent you a dunning notice days, weeks, months or years ago and you did NOT respond within 30 days the CA doesn't have to verify anything.

A lot of CA do because their hoping to get paid something from you.

Most collection agency ignore the letter because they figure we do not know the law, or are not willing to actually go to court over it.

They don't have to respond within 30 days, they just can't continue collection activities.  They don't have to remove from your credit report, but if you feel they don't have the proper documentation, you could go to court for violation of the FCRA.