Pre-trial conference date set & additional questions...

My pretrial conference date has been set.  I also received from the Plaintiff Interrogatories and Requests for Admission of Facts.  My answer to those requests are due after the pretrial conference date.

QUESTIONS:

1.  Should I answer the questions to the RFA and Interrogatories, and send them off before the pretrial conference, or wait, and for what reason?

2.  Can I post the questions I received, as-is, with omitted personal info?   

3.  I still need to file my Interrogatories and Requests for Admissions.  Should I be working to prepare those first and send that off before I concern myself with an answer to theirs?

I appreciate the help!!

Answers:

1. No need to; pre-trial conference is an informal discussion regarding the case progress.  You can state that discovery is still in progress.
  2. Sure  .......... the better to help you.
  3. Depends on the length of time that discovery is allowed per your rules of civil procedure or judge's decree .......... but it's better to get them off ASAP. Don't miss any of the time lines involved regarding discovery, however.

Discovery requests seem to get more and more ridiculous as time goes by . . .

I'm looking up previous responses you've given to various interrogatories and RFA's, and I came across a preliminary statement that you recommended using...   I'll post what I come up with, and hopefully I can get some input on the questions that I don't know how to answer appropriately.

Hi,  Did you file a disclosure form with the court?? In AZ you have 40 days after you filed your answer to file a disclosure form and mail copy to the Plaintiff. This must be done before the pretrial conference because they request you bring it.

Let me know It seems alot of pro ses in Az are missing  this crucial point. It is different than discovery

Hi,  Did you file a disclosure form with the court?? In AZ you have 40 days after you filed your answer to file a disclosure form and mail copy to the Plaintiff. This must be done before the pretrial conference because they request you bring it.

Let me know It seems alot of pro ses in Az are missing  this crucial point. It is different than discovery

Yes! I did file my disclosure statement with the court and sent copies to the Plaintiff.  I'm working on my answers to their discovery right now.

Good . Also bring a copy of your disclosure form to the pre trial conf. Mine lasted 4 minutes  No judge. She said do you want to settle I said no That was it.  Also after you get your discovery done start working on your MOSJ  because they will likely file that when you don't want to settle.  I can help with that.

Good . Also bring a copy of your disclosure form to the pre trial conf. Mine lasted 4 minutes  No judge. She said do you want to settle I said no That was it.  Also after you get your discovery done start working on your MOSJ  because they will likely file that when you don't want to settle.  I can help with that.

Oh, wow, ok.  That is good to know.  I'd like to stay one step ahead - thanks.