Hi all,

I am moving in with my parents, but I don't want all the collections sent to their address, is there a way to send everything to P.O Box in my local post office or UPS store even if I am living on residential address? I never tried that before, so I have no clue how PO BOX address works?  Should I notify all my creditors and collection agencies to direct mail to my PO BOX, will that work??

thanks,

R

If you want to notify them, go ahead.  You can also have the post office forward from your previous address to the box instead of where you are taking up residence.  Just have it in your mind that the residence is "temporary" and you are avoiding having to do this all over again soon because you are not sure how long you can stay there.  Just don't mention the residence to anyone except for what is legally required (e.g. driver's license, etc).

Hi all,

I am moving in with my parents, but I don't want all the collections sent to their address, is there a way to send everything to P.O Box in my local post office or UPS store even if I am living on residential address? I never tried that before, so I have no clue how PO BOX address works?  Should I notify all my creditors and collection agencies to direct mail to my PO BOX, will that work??

thanks,

R

You rent the PO Box (bring ID with you) and do a post office Mail Forwarding Request from your old address to your PO Box.

You can fill out the address forwarding form anywhere, and you can put any address you want on it, It doesn't have to be your real address or even your post office box if you really don't want your mail forwarded at all. My personal favorite for mail forwarding is:

135 W 35 Street, Chicago IL

It's 3rd base at Wrigley Field.