LegacyStarCEO

Experian Method of Verification Time frame?

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and I will try to make it short and clear. I have been disputing accounts with experian and right now I am at the Methhod of Verification stage. I sent letters certified mail and shows they have been delivered. My question is ths:

How long do they ACTUALLY have to supply results back to you? is it 15 days or 30 days?  The reason I ask is because their website states: "We ask the source to check their records to verify all of the information regarding the item you questioned, and report back to us within 30 days of the date that we received your request"

However, the FCRA 

FCRA, Section 611 (a)(6) and (7). The credit reporting agency must give you the method of verification information within 15 days of your request.

Was this changed to 30 days in favor of credit bureaus? Or is Experian just trying to buy themselves more time?

I searched for this topic but I couldn't find it with the search option for this board. Im sorry If it was answered somewhere else and I may have overlooked it. 

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and I will try to make it short and clear. I have been disputing accounts with experian and right now I am at the Methhod of Verification stage. I sent letters certified mail and shows they have been delivered. My question is ths:

How long do they ACTUALLY have to supply results back to you? is it 15 days or 30 days?  The reason I ask is because their website states: "We ask the source to check their records to verify all of the information regarding the item you questioned, and report back to us within 30 days of the date that we received your request"

However, the FCRA 

FCRA, Section 611 (a)(6) and (7). The credit reporting agency must give you the method of verification information within 15 days of your request.

Was this changed to 30 days in favor of credit bureaus? Or is Experian just trying to buy themselves more time?

I searched for this topic but I couldn't find it with the search option for this board. Im sorry If it was answered somewhere else and I may have overlooked it. 

@LegacyStarCEO - as you pointed out in your post they have 15 days to give you method of verification.  I think they were talking 30 days for the regular dispute.  

Hi Admin, Hi 1st Step

@admin, This is what I initally thought also. but that verbage on their site is under the "How we verified" section of the site. Basically saying they acknowledge the method of Verification, but wants 30 days to do so....Smh...A real pity if they are not familiar with the Law, or even worse if they are displaying wrong information on their site to consumers.

post-133587-0-39312400-1374812404_thumb.