Is there a way to find out who the CA was trying to collect for?

whatamess2

I got numerous calls from a supposed "Vincent Gray" to call call him at....quite a while ago.

I recorded them but never talked to them or received a letter from them.

I searched the number and found that it was Leading Edge Recovery.

I would like to know who (what JDB or OC) they were calling for as possible counterclaims.

I haven't heard from them for over a year, so I would guess they are no longer retained by the JDB or OC. I don't know if they would even have the info and figure they wouldn't tell as to avoid violations against them, but I also worry the call could get them started again. Are they required to tell - I know they were supposed to have sent a letter with all the info and didn't - could I use that as leverage?

Any other suggestions on how to find out?

Are they reporting on your credit reports?  If not, don't worry about it until they call again.  If they do call, answer...and don't answer any questions...just keep saying "send me documentation".

If they are reporting...send them a "hey, I found you on my reports...prove to me you have a right to be there or I'll be forced to pursue my legal options..." type DV (CMRRR, of course).