Disputed TransUnion, they request more information.

jaspa2000

I disputed all 3 CRB's(snail mail cmrrr), and it seems that ex and eq are in the process of complying.  At the very least I know equifax is because I have an equifax account and they sent me an update that they were investigating.

TransUnion on the other hand is requesting more information.  They're attempting to say the documents I sent them for proof of identity are unclear. I know I've read somewhere that they've done something like this before, and my first instinct is to not reply to their request until after the 45 days are up at which point I send them a letter demanding they delete everything due to non-compliance.

I sent the same documents to all 3 CRB's, but apparently the only one its not good enough for is TU.  What should I do?

I don't have the letter on me, I'm at work.  But it said the documents were illegible, I sent a cell phone bill and a copy of my drivers license.

ETA: They also gave me the option to call in and verify my identity that way.  Maybe this would be the way to go? I really don't want to give them the opportunity to fiddle fart around.

If you call in, they may ask for information about you.  And it may be more a case of gathering information to keep and sell to others, than about confirming you are who you say they are, even though they are pretending that is the excuse.  So if they ask for any info, think about whether they could already have it or not, and whether it is information worth selling to other businesses that market to you, then decide if that is appropriate to give to them.  Questions like where you lived on February 29, 2008, are probably OK to answer.  Questions like what model of car you own are probably not.

I don't have the letter on me, I'm at work.  But it said the documents were illegible, I sent a cell phone bill and a copy of my drivers license.

ETA: They also gave me the option to call in and verify my identity that way.  Maybe this would be the way to go? I really don't want to give them the opportunity to fiddle fart around.

@jaspa2000 - You can try the phone, just know that confirming over the phone or via snail mail resets the investigation clock.  

• Like 2

@jaspa2000 - You can try the phone, just know that confirming over the phone or via snail mail resets the investigation clock.  

Which was my question. Should I just ignore it and when the 30 days is up send them an ITS? Or what.?  The documents I sent were perfectly legible and its my feeling that they're just trying to play games.

Which was my question. Should I just ignore it and when the 30 days is up send them an ITS? Or what.?  The documents I sent were perfectly legible and its my feeling that they're just trying to play games.

@jaspa2000 - I would wait out the 30 days and then send an ITS letter if the documents were legible.  They probably are just messing with you.  

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update this, TU responded to my disputes.  It was a stall tactic.  I ignored their request for more information and netted a deletion from my dispute with them.  They concluded their investigation well within 30 days.

So if you dispute with TU, and you get this sent back to you ignore it.  They're stalling and you don't need to play their games.  Make them follow the law.

• Like 1