Is this a valid defense?

I am being sued by a JDB via a law firm. Looking at my credit report the JDB d the account as having a zero balance. The only item on my credit report regarding their claim is an account with the JDB showing a balance of zero dollars. Would that be a valid defense of their claim?

Thank you

That's standard. The Original Creditor charged your account off to zero balance then sold it off and took a tax credit. The OC now reports it as charged off zero balance. The purchasing Junk Debt Buyer (JDB) will try to collect the total balance plus interest and report it accordingly. Until there is some activity on the account or the JDB initiates action on the account with a lawsuit they probably won't report it. The JDB is probably to lazy to report anything as they literally have hundred's of thousands of accounts to report and it probably costs money.

HP

So it would be normal for Midland funding to show on my credit report that I them (the jdb) zero? It makes sense that the OC would report zero, I just assumed Midland Funding would state I owe them on my credit report since theyre suing me. Thanks again

They do this all the time. Usually the lawyer does a hard pull to see if you are a good candidate to go after. Midland has to report the account as disputed.. So you can dispute with credit bureaus or wait until you win and then do it. It will not come up at trial so don't worry it is proof of any sort.