Midland Attempted Service

Hi everyone! I used to be active on the forum but life got in the way. I'm still being sued by Midland on a chase card, however they haven't made a move since my MTD.

Now I just found out that Midland tried to serve me again! I think its for a different debt.

Right now I'm in WA caring for my father for the month. When my husband answered the door he told the process server that I'm not there, we're separated right now (we are separated, but getting back together) and they need to call me. The guy turned around and walked away.

Personally I am so stressed that I would rather ignore it and check with the courts when I get home in a week or two. I know that if they try to play dirty they may claim I was served, so I will watch for that.

So what would you guys do? Just wait it out and hope they don't come back?

For sure they'll come back, IMO. Does your state allow substitute service? (look up your codes of civil procedure). In CA after a few failed attempts they can complete service by leaving the summons with an adult at your residence or place of employment. If your state allows substitute service, it wouldn't surprise me if they go that route.

I think most of the time (unless it's not legal in your state) they just run an add (saying you are being served) in the paper under public notice, then file for a default judgment in 30 days, or like RyanEX said; they will leave it with your husband. No matter what you decide to do about the lawsuit; you are going to have to answer the complaint, or it is going to get a lot worse.

Welcome back BTW.