Citi still not showing alleged account as disputed on CRA's

Hello all!

Last December I sent a dispute letter to the collection agency Citi hired in an attempt to collect. They sent me a few 'statements' and I never heard anything from that CA again.

Fast forward to June of this year where I received a new dunning from the new CA Citi is using to try to collect. This account shows its past the SOL according to the CRA listings. (Even those dates are clearly incorrect based on other information in the CRA listing but that's a whole other issue).

The problem is, Citi has failed to update my reports as disputed. Was I supposed to also send my dispute letters to the OC when I sent it to the CA's in order for them to mark it appropriately? What's my next move?

Where it shows the months at the bottom (as well as how many days in default it is like 30, 60, 90 etc. for that given month) it accurately shows the last payment was December, however they are saying that one payment in the amount of $0.00 was made in June the following year. That is incorrect as NO payment was made. Because they are listing a payment six months after one was made, it is effectively extending the time it will be on my CR because the 7.5 years starts from the date of default.

I hope I'm making some sense, I'm running on no sleep this week.

@HotWheels96

however they are saying that one payment in the amount of $0.00 was made in June the following year

Now that's just weird.  $0.00 means just that...no payment.  In fact, considering it says $0.00, I'm not sure that even means a payment.   However, I'd dispute it to see what happens.  It can't hurt.

If the bank or the CRAs try to extend the reporting period based upon a -0- payment, I'd fight them.

• Like 1