I have lost all my library that I have been collecting for the last 6 months.

My computer something happened, a virus (even though it scanned clean) or something.  None of my programs would work and when I rebooted it wouldn't even let me on line.  So I backed it up before reformatting, as I couldn't do anything with it unless it was in safe mode, even then was very limited. 

System restore was even broken, wouldn't restore, just said it couldn't.  Soooo mad.  So I had to reformat, and I go to put the backed up files back on, and it says it cant read them.  So now I start over-- I am so irritated.

This is for anyone else with valuable data on a disk that has an issue.  Don't reformat it!  Buy a new disk and install an O/S.  Attach the old disk as a secondary drive and recover what you can.  If you have a Laptop, you can buy an external USB case for a 2.5 inch drive for about $15.  Once you reformat, the possibility of recovery is NIL unless you go to a data recovery firm and spend $$$$$$.

• Like 2

Go to another computer and download malwarebytes and install it to a flash drive. Then boot the system up into safe mode with network support and run the malwarebytes from the flash drive. Then it should recover also in the future download AVG free and install that. Run those in safemode also.

I believe you hold the F8 key to boot into safe mode.

Malwarebytes will fix it The same thing happened to my sister 2 weeks ago.