Ca pulling credit report every week

appletree

Is there a limit how many times a collection company can pull credit reports?  Portfolio Recovery pulled mine 5x in a month.  The debt they are attempting to collect is past sol and dropping off my credit report soon. 

Can I include something about not giving permission to pull my credit with a cease and desist letter for the phone calls?

They are probably soft pull since the PRA "owns" the debt.  I doubt if these will affect your credit much.  However, I would definitely send them a strongly worded letter citing the recent FTC sanctions on debt outside the statute of limitations.   

• Like 1

@appletree - since these are soft pulls, I wouldn't worry too much about them.  The CA is probably looking for something in your credit file that might give them reason to pursue this debt with you.  I would let it be and not contact them since this is suppose to fall off soon.   

They still call me. After I disputed with the cb they sent a letter stating they can't sue me but will attempt to collect the debt.  The cease and desist is to stop them from calling.  They come and go in spurts, I may not hear from them for a month or so and then they start calling again.  The won't validate the debt, they just send letters that look like bills stating they purchased it electronically.  I recently obtained a credit card so I guess they are trying again.  Also the bank I defaulted the credit card with just financed a car for me. I was surprised when the dealer told me it went through.  I understand they can pull my credit but I've never had anyone pull it weekly. 

I have a few attorneys names and info on my desk right now:)  I learned quite a bit today dealing with something else and am clearer on a few things concerning deceptive collection practices. 

Hopefully things will calm down enough for me to spend the proper amount of time on all this. 

I'm sure they have the computers automate the weekly pull.  Just make sure they are all soft pulls.  They are looking for you doing something.

Have you sent them the C&D yet?  Once they get that, they can't call you anymore, or write, after the one notice they may send to tell you how they will deal with your C&D.  They already know they can't sue.  At some point they will just give up on the weekly CR pulls as I am sure that is costing them something, but it could still be a couple years.