collection pay for delete

spydergt

HI,

i have one account on my credit report that was collection marked in red as negative. i check my report almost daily right now as i have been dealing with the company behind this one mark. Pro Collect. I called in and they agreed to email me a PDF document which was an offer for pay for delete. the phone rep told me that it wouldnt be until next month that the account would be updated on my report. i have been pulling my file almost daily and i see that there has been a change on my account from negative to paid negative closed account its no longer red its now grey on my account and it appears that the mark was updated everything all info remains the same but the mark has been changed from red potentially negative to greyed out potentially negative closed. I have a letter from this compy saying once paid they will delete the mark from all 3 CRA. 

am i being hoosed here ?  do i need to start a dispute against them now because of the agreement pay for delete. since its sunday i plan to call them again monday morning at 8 am to complain. come monday  morning i aim to file another dispute with all three CRA's because of the pay for delete letter i currently have.

I dont trust them i believe they are trying to hoose me and leave it on my report even though they agreed to remove the mark if it was paid.

any thoughts ?

thanks

Thank you for this intel , thats exactly what i plan to do , yet i hate that i have to wait till 8 am monday. Procollect will open 8 am monday and i will also be filing disputes with CRA come monday as i have a pdf document from them stating that it would be deleted upon payment. but it has been updated instead of deleted i have soft pulls from 8/3 which show in red potentially negative then 8/7 payment was made and 8/7 soft pull now shows the account as grey potentially negative closed. no one has responded as of yet because its the weekend , i must wait paitently.. will update come monday night thank you for the assist. What might happen is they verify the dispute ? even though its been paid and i have a PFD letter ?

spyder

Thank you for this intel , thats exactly what i plan to do , yet i hate that i have to wait till 8 am monday. Procollect will open 8 am monday and i will also be filing disputes with CRA come monday as i have a pdf document from them stating that it would be deleted upon payment. but it has been updated instead of deleted i have soft pulls from 8/3 which show in red potentially negative then 8/7 payment was made and 8/7 soft pull now shows the account as grey potentially negative closed. no one has responded as of yet because its the weekend , i must wait paitently.. will update come monday night thank you for the assist. What might happen is they verify the dispute ? even though its been paid and i have a PFD letter ?

spyder

You have the proof that they agreed to PDF and if they don't comply to your written contract then you should sue them!

• Like 1

before i made payment they emailed me a pdf document and in this document the last line says ," Once payment has been made we will delete your account from the credit bureaus. "  i copy pasted that from their letter.

"ProCollect has authorized a settlement on your account of $209.72 that must be paid in our office no later than

08/07/2013. PLEASE NOTE, AS OF THE DATE OF THIS LETTER, NO PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO
THIS ACCOUNT. Once the settlement amount has been paid we will furnish you a paid in full letter. You may
remit your payment by calling our office and paying with a credit card, or by mailing a cashiers check or money
order to the mailing address above. All payments must be received by the Valid Until date or all settlement offers
will be null & void. Once payment has been made we will delete your account from the credit bureaus.
TIMBERS OF PINE HOLLOW APTS
$209.72
41631-001-1053184
Account #:
Creditor:
Customer#:
Original Balance:
Valid Until: 08/07/2013
Dear XXXXXX

ProCollect has authorized a settlement on your account of $209.72 that must be paid in our office no later than
08/07/2013. PLEASE NOTE, AS OF THE DATE OF THIS LETTER, NO PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO
THIS ACCOUNT. Once the settlement amount has been paid we will furnish you a paid in full letter. You may
remit your payment by calling our office and paying with a credit card, or by mailing a cashiers check or money
order to the mailing address above. All payments must be received by the Valid Until date or all settlement offers
will be null & void. Once payment has been made we will delete your account from the credit bureaus.

Respectfully,
Barry Curtis
Collection Manager

afterwards i recieved a second letter stating this ,

receipt of this letter acknowledges that the above referenced account is paid in full. this will release you from 

any further obligation concerning this matter. any derogatory credit reported by Procollect, Inc on this account 

will be adjusted.

GD @$$hats , i smell a rat 

I work nights I will pull my report once more tonight Sunday and post again but I expect to have to call pro collect again in the morning and if no help start disputes with all three I might have issues as I am using online dispute or phone call dispute depending on the bureau cause I'm not at home to send letters I already have disputes out so phone calls in the morning will update Monday as to what they decide to do

I work nights I will pull my report once more tonight Sunday and post again but I expect to have to call pro collect again in the morning and if no help start disputes with all three I might have issues as I am using online dispute or phone call dispute depending on the bureau cause I'm not at home to send letters I already have disputes out so phone calls in the morning will update Monday as to what they decide to do

@spydergt - Only dispute via US snail mail.  

I cant dispute by snail mail i work offshore in the gulf of mexico , i'm normally out 26 plus days a month , i have had success in online disputes removing items from my credit. i have read the differences between snail mail and online and know that they can get away with a lot more if i dispute online but as of right now i dont have any other options i cant just pop into my local post... i'm on a semi sub 

Edit 

Also just checked the mark is still there as potential negative , i will be making phone calls in the morning. will update as i learn more but for now i think ive been had , looks to me like im going to have to sue them

From the years that I have been around, I haave found that on most PFD's you end up getting screwed. My guess, you have a bout a 2% chance of getting what you want. Not what you want to hear, but over the years, I too, have been in your shoes. Also, do both, dispute by online as well as send a follow up my usps cmrrr.

thank you , if i had your current wisdom i never would have paid them. I felt that i knew it was a debt i owed and wanted to take care of it. i respect up front brutal honesty , even though its not what i wanted to hear it is what i needed to hear. 

i will move forward on all accounts, when applicable and when i am home

When dealing with an OC you have a better chance of settling and getting what you want. However; when dealing with a CA or a JDB you generally end up on the losing end. For on, they rarely will sign any proposed agreement prior to you paying with promises that they will after wards and then don't follow through. A JDB will lie to you every time.They pay pennies on the dollar for an account then try to collect the full amount.

Yes, you owe the OC, but once they sell off your account we feel we don't owe the lying, cheating JDB. In most cases they will not keep a promise made on the phone. I am sitting on 70 yrs old and as I said, I've been through a lot of this more than once. Good luck.

If all else fails and when i call them in the morning do you think it would be worth my time to have my bank reverse payment on their charge due to if i call them and they utterly refuse to remove the mark. it is considered breach of service and the initial agreement was i paid they remove, they refuse to remove then it will cost me 25$ and i can have the charge reversed , if needed. that will open their eyes for fuc*ing with me and trying to fuc* me over. 

That is a judgement call you will have to make. I did not realize that you hadgiven them your banking info. That is a big NO, NO!! Never give them that info. Always pay by money order or a cashiers check from another bank. They can clean you out. Best thing here is close that account asap and open a new one else where. NEVER give a creditor your banking info!

I only gave them my visa card number , i should change the card out ? that will cost 5 bucks but well worth it if they are as devious as you claim , i will contact my bank in the morning then , i have watched my account only the amount agreed upon was taken. anything else would have been fraud , which i am planning on using fraud against them any way  , broken agreement , nonremoval of mark , to retrieve the funds, 

i agree after hearing from experiend people such as yourself this makes me truly wary , and i have been reviewing my previous data and i believe i may have been mistaken. i have an account with experian where i can pull a report every 20-24 hours or so and i pulled one of all three also through experian,  in reviewing the the previous experian pulls only from previous dates and current dates the account has not been updated it appears before payment as potentially negative cl;osed in grey before i made contact with them and afterwards still the same, but on the 3 credit report it appears in red potential negative ,  i am not sure as to what is up with this but i also looked into the experian alerts and no where in there was there an update from experian stating change of account status made by procollect. 

i will have an answer at roughly 8 am this morning and hopefully will be positive. i believe i jumped to a conclusion because of fear and fret. i hope the company does decide to honor their word after all

• 4 weeks later...

Update, 

the time for them to update my report has come , i called them again , i have been constantly checking experian , the mark is still there. they said that they had sent notification to the breau this month. but that it can take up to a max of 90 days for them to remove the mark. i am left wondering if this is true or not ?  i have started by filing disputes on all three CB's on paid and that i have a PFD letter , have faxed that letter to two of them so far. will see how this turns out and update again once more if no sucess. was wondering is the 90 days true ? the lady said she had told me this , that is a gd lie , i have a steel bloody trap of a mind. she said when i got the PFD letter if paid today they will update the CB's the next month as it was to close to the end of the month and they only update once a month , never once did she make a remake about then it would or could potentially take 90 days for the CB's to get around to doing the paper work to remove it from my file. 

OK the update hit my file tonight they did not remove the mark from my credit , the account has been moved from potentially negative from in collections to paid / current closed. my fico score took a huge jump up , but the results are not 100% what i wanted it still shows as being .1 year negative information on the timeline and still shows as 1 negative mark on my report although i'm not an expert this is my first attempt of many for the rest of my life im guessing that i will be doing this, and its till a red mark as worst status listed on my account , i got half of what i wanted , i still have disputes out to all three on this mark and hopefully they will resolve to remove the mark if not i believe i will be moving forward with legal actions due to the letter paid for delete to attempt to remove this mark. only because the time line effect . however my score is up over 700 so i'm not in an utter rage at this moment. but now i do want it gone so that the negative mark on my report and time since last negative and most negative comment get removed. once i have results from the disputes which should be end of this month i will either be happy or move forward with legal matters to attempt to remove this, i am having to also move forward with legal matters on the other issue of that collection agency that refuses to remove the inquiry from trans-union , its remarkable how ignorant they want to act , i called two collection agency on the same day , one removed their inquires the other acted a fool 

Before I made payment they sent me via email a PDF letter paid for delete stating after payment item would be deleted then I paid and ext letter says you paid we will update your account.

I'm furious but I will follow the disputes then find legal council if I must because they also updated the time since last negative item hit my account too