wrong address issue

I am being sued and don't think the jdb has the right person. I could be wrong but I doubt it, because I never had a cc with such a high credit limit with the oc.  Does having proof of residency @ different address at the time they say I supposedly took a credit card account at my (now) address help my case?  If they send to me statements showing address of my (now) address, and I can prove I had different mail address at the time--what difference might it make?

Well I would use it of coarse, but what happens is the statements are computerized.  When they go to reprint the statement, it shows the updated address automaticaly, it is not a carbon copy of what was sent.  That's part of the computer program they use to keep their records up to date.

Thanks... 

It figures.  What would you do if you were to use this? And, so I would not really be able to determine where the oc sent the supposed statements to?  In my discovery could I seek docs wherein the JDB attorney (who is really the JDB) state where the supposed statements were sent?

Yep it would be in discovery.  But I wouldn't hang my hat on that to win.  You are going to have to learn your rules of civil procedure. (this board will help, but start reading)  They have a complaint, maybe statements (usually not all of them if they are a jdb) They will have an affidavit of some sort, probably a bill of sale.  Your job is going to be through discovery find out what they do have, and then challenging each piece of it.   When you get to the part of debunking the statements, (much later in your case) that is when I would use it.

Do you have another thread? How far into the litigation are you? If you dont have another thread, you should post answers to questions here from the stick thread "Q's to answer when posting in this forum"  If you do have another thread, you should keep all your info to that thread so it's all together and others can help better. :)