Not a question, just a comment.

The case where I was an expert witness in has settled. I must say I hope they use me again. This law firm I did it for does nothing but medical malpractice defense cases. I read every piece of evidence, every deposition, and signed an affidavit of what I attested to. Made just shy of 3 grand for my trouble. Yep, I'd like a few more of these. :)

• Like 4

Registered nurse for 26 years, most of it in ER and Critical Care.

I bet you have some good stories.  This is the question I always ask someone who has worked in an ER - what's the wildest thing anyone has stuck up in their behind?

• Like 3

As a former 911 dispatcher, the craziest thing stuck (oral) was an item commonly known as a B.O.B.. This man, managed to get it stuck down his throat. This didn't end well as his family couldn't save him when they walked in on him.

So sad.

People everywhere should remember that if you're going to be sticking things anywhere (and my suggestion is not to at all but...) don't go at it alone.

Congrats @shellieh98! I do hope you get many more.

I bet you have some good stories.  This is the question I always ask someone who has worked in an ER - what's the wildest thing anyone has stuck up in their behind?

Lol. Besides cucumbers, coke bottles, and various other objects... Probably a giant Christmas candle you know the glitter ones with Jesus on them...had to be surgically removed and the person ended up with a colostomy.

I used to work at a county medical center and we had some hilarious things that were found:

Crest Toothpaste dispenser (the kind that stood upright on the counter)-the Xray was a classic!!

A bottle of Tickle Deodorant

A light bulb (not a very bright idea!)

One guy came in with a door knob stuck...the only way the paramedics could bring him in was with most of the door still attached, too. 

A plunger (the guy stated he slipped and fell in the bathroom)

Those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head :)

• Like 1

The case where I was an expert witness in has settled. I must say I hope they use me again. This law firm I did it for does nothing but medical malpractice defense cases. I read every piece of evidence, every deposition, and signed an affidavit of what I attested to. Made just shy of 3 grand for my trouble. Yep, I'd like a few more of these. :-)

There are large plaintiff and defense law firms who have nurses as employees who do nothing but read and review medical records.  I knew an RN in Tampa who did just that for 3 years.

This is pretty much the structure at my current job (keeping in mind we're government employees). The nurses sit at a desk and look at charts and papers all day. They make phone calls too, but they no longer 'see' patients. They also make a nice chunk of change for it, as the job STARTS at $70,000/year and they only need 2 years critical care experience in an emergency setting from what I hear.

I'm not much of a pencil pusher, I like patient care.My current job I am the house supervisor for a 426 bed hospital.  I do that 50% of the time, and the other 50% I am on the rapid response team, so I get alot of variety in what I do.  My job there are 10 of us, and it is 24/7 coverage.We are privy to everything that goes on in the house, we attend all code blues, all trauma level I's, all Stemi heart attacks, all strokes, all the bad stuff lol. I don't know if I could give that up for paper, pen and reading, I think my ADD would kick in.

• Like 1

@Rookie 

One guy came in with a door knob stuck...the only way the paramedics could bring him in was with most of the door still attached, too.

That tops the story I heard that a guy came in with a 2 Liter Coke bottle stuck up his arse.  He claimed he tripped and fell, too.  

I don't know if I could give that up for paper, pen and reading, I think my ADD would kick in.

@shellieh98 - I know what you mean.  :)