Want Deletion-MCM-no validation sent

energizer

so now having sent one too many Dv letters and having disputed via mail as well as online for all three CRA's with different reasons i m back to square one. Frustrated.

This is after the fact that the very first communication was sent to Midland within the required 30 days and sending a follow up validation using TFC 202 i m frustrated that Midland has only chosen to respond to the disputes i filed twice for two different reasons (a) account is not mine & B) account has inconsistencies including balance.

Then upon TomNTex advise i sent in a TX TFC validation letter. They responded that we have investigated your dispute and per our information everything is ok.

Now remember, there has been no response to my very first DV letter request from Midland. Everything they ever sent was in response to my credit bureau dispute and you get the very same response from Midland.

Is there a trick to Midland that i m unaware of to get deletion from Credit Bureaus. They went from no status to collections to account is disputed.

so now having sent one too many Dv letters and having disputed via mail as well as online for all three CRA's with different reasons i m back to square one. Frustrated.

This is after the fact that the very first communication was sent to Midland within the required 30 days and sending a follow up validation using TFC 202 i m frustrated that Midland has only chosen to respond to the disputes i filed twice for two different reasons (a) account is not mine & B) account has inconsistencies including balance.

Then upon TomNTex advise i sent in a TX TFC validation letter. They responded that we have investigated your dispute and per our information everything is ok.

Now remember, there has been no response to my very first DV letter request from Midland. Everything they ever sent was in response to my credit bureau dispute and you get the very same response from Midland.

Is there a trick to Midland that i m unaware of to get deletion from Credit Bureaus. They went from no status to collections to account is disputed.

@energizer - Intent to sue letter?  Reporting on credit report when they don't have documentation?  

So you've sent them a 623 letter?

The original creditor is T-Mobile. The Factoring Account holder is Midland Funding. The Collection Agency is Convergent Systems. and everyone has received a DV letter. (in & within the first 30 days of the first ever letter). No 623 to T-Mobile just yet!!! dont have address to T-Mobile. (Collection Dept).

Intent to Sue huh? too early i think. I believe Midland will file suit in & within a few months.

The original creditor is T-Mobile. The Factoring Account holder is Midland Funding. The Collection Agency is Convergent Systems. and everyone has received a DV letter. (in & within the first 30 days of the first ever letter). No 623 to T-Mobile just yet!!! dont have address to T-Mobile. (Collection Dept).

Intent to Sue huh? too early i think. I believe Midland will file suit in & within a few months.

How much was the alleged amount from t mobile?  How much is Midland claiming?

The amount Midland is asking/billing is $1256.

To prove that there is continuous collection activity going on even after sending them DV what r the necessary things that have to happen ? Im still confused about it.

Have to have atleast 3 FDCPA/FCRA violations in place before an ITS is worth it. I was very hopeful TX TFC would work exactly as laid out but haven't yet.

Yes all tradelines have been marked " in dispute" sometimes no status and then sometimes " collections". it went from OC T-mobile to Factoring Account Midland Credit Management with convergent collecting on behalf of Factoring Account "Midland". Convergent did make a 50% settlement offer which i countered and never heard back and so i DV'd Convergent within the first 30 days of initial communication and have not heard back since.

@willingtocope

What you say regarding FDCPA may be true, however, its very different if it involves TX TFC? just my opinion. TX TFC requires that they respond within first 60 days or have the tradeline deleted. They have yet to respond to my request for DV from their initial as well as DV from TX TFC sent to both Convergent and Midland.

Have they actually complied, below is the letter they sent me recently.

The purpose of this letter is to advise you of the results of our investigation of your dispute pursuant to Texas finance code and/or Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Please be advised that we have determined that our credit file and credit reporting of the above refrenced account is accurate, and therefore we deny the inaccuracy of the disputed item. We will be closing our investigation of your dispute and resuming regular collection activities as allowed by the Texas finance code and/or the Fair Credit reporting Act

Please be advised that we have determined that our credit file and credit reporting of the above refrenced account is accurate, and therefore we deny the inaccuracy of the disputed item. We will be closing our investigation of your dispute and resuming regular collection activities as allowed by the Texas finance code and/or the Fair Credit reporting Act

This is all they need to say in response to a 623 letter.  

i actually got two letters with the same information in the mail. One was sent for TX TFC and one was in response to having not received a response to my original DV letter.

I dont think this letter tells you they have responded to my DV letter, but surely seems to have responded to my dispute via TX TFC.

I have midland just recently become a factoring account for T-Mobile (The OC) and had Convergent solutions collect on behalf of Midland Funding LLC. They both upon being DV'd sent me a debt verification letter. (See Post # 9 here for Midland & Convergent Solutions letter is shown below). I had mailed a DV letter in Tx to convergent and i got a reply from their Washington Office regarding the T-Mobile verification of debt. T-Mobile is nowhere on any CRA's but Midland Credit Management on behalf of Midland Funding (the Factoring Company) is both listed on my CRA's.
In response to my DV letter to Convergent, they sent me a Midland Funding printed Statement verifying the Original Creditor and the balance.
The letter from Convergent is below
RE: Midland Funding LLC
# 8445678902
Amt: $1256.76
Int: $  0.00
Misc:$  0.00
Int Rate: 0.00%

We have completed our dispute investigatio and below are the findings

___  Attached is a verification of debt.

Sincerely

Convergent Outsourcing Inc.

This is an attempt to collect a debt and any info.....blah .blah...blahhh...

The attached verification lists

T-Mobile West Corp
Customer Account Information

Data Printed by Midland Credit Management Inc from electronic records created, maintained and provided by T-Mobile West Corp

While i understand debt verification is done, what should my next steps be. Midland funding is the Factoring Company listed here and Convergent Outsourcing seems to be the Collection Agency (CA).

Date: Aug 24, 2013

Midland Credit Management

Attn: Consumer Support Services

POBOX 943456

San Diego, CA 92193

RE: Account # MCM 76856743

Original Creditor: T-Mobile

Current Balance: $1256.76

To Whom it May Concern,

Your firm has failed to send the legally required validation of this debt. You have been notified that your actions are detrimental to me and that your firm has violated (including but not limited to) the Consumer Credit Protection Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Texas Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Your firm knew or should have known that the actions taken against me and the information collected about me was inappropriate and damaging to me.

-Failed to use reasonable care in the course of business and failed to use even minimal procedures to ensure that I was not harmed.

-Communicated and are continuing to communicate incorrect and defamatory information to third parties including but not limited to: Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union.

As a result of these blatantly reckless, wanton, and intentional acts, I have suffered and continue to suffer general and specific damages. I am also very upset at your firm's intentional infliction of emotional distress and at the other diminishments of the quality of my life.

I am now demanding the immediate and complete removal of this tradeline from my credit reports (Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union).

As I am currently attempting to apply for credit, time is of the essence. Please understand that I am extremely concerned about the consequences of the actions your firm is having on my life. Please be advised that, if this matter is not resolved by September 30th, 2013, I will take any and all necessary steps to protect my rights.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. Give this matter the attention it deserves.

Sincerely,

Is there anything i am missing that should be mentioned here? i dont know what more can be done here?

Is Cease and Desist a better option? not going to pay!!!!!! letter ? recommended.

Date: August 20th, 2013

CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING INC
800 SW 39th
Street
Renton, WA 98057-4975

RE: Midland Funding LLC

This is in reply to your letter dated August 09,2013. In this letter you state that you have completed a dispute investigation and included your findings.

Let me tell you, your response failed to contain any valid evidence showing that we agreed to this. We do not need to identify the alleged account. We already know you are trying to collect on this alleged debt. We demand that you PROVE this debt, just as you would be required to do when this ends up in court. A legitimate creditor would have this proof. A previous debt validation request which also happens to be the very first communication received by me from Convergent OutSourcing Inc has not been answered.

This puts you in violation of FDCPA for continuous collection activities even when a debt validation request is ongoing. An intent to sue letter will follow this.

You are not allowed to report it under the FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT (FCRA).

With Regards