not going down

Chase Bank N.A. & ARS Nat. Serv.

Hello Forum...

Just received a letter from ARS Nat. Serv.

"PLEASE BE ADVISED THE ABOVE REFERENCED ACCT HAS BEEN PLACED WITH ARS FOR COLLECTION"

ARS Escondido , Ca.

Question:

1) Does anyone have any knowledge or activity with this Co.  ????

2) Does ARS work for Chase or is a Collection Co. for Chase ????

3) Should I send them a D.V. Letter ?????

The Debt belongs to my Sister , Over $5000.00

Chase is O.C.

Received same letters in June from NCO Financial Systems

I'm hoping Chase sells the Debt to a JDB , I'll know what to do from there...

I'd Appreciate any and all replies , Thanks in advance

Not Going Down

Chase is on the hot seat right now from federal OCC regulators for filing faulty lawsuits and violations of the FDCPA. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is now holding original creditors liable for the actions of debt collection companies. I'm not sure where your sister stands in relation to statute of limitations, but Chase has halted all lawsuits over credit card debts. From my communications with them, they've told their collection agencies to cease and desist, as well. I also think its an advantage that NCO was the first collection agency here, as they have a responsive compliance department. If they've sold an invalidated account, they might call it back. Did your sister DV NCO?

Re ARS, I had one interaction with them last year but it was unrelated to Chase. One DV made them go away.  Check out this thread, there's some helpful info re Chase:  

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/321350-chase-made-errors-in-nine-percent-of-credit-card-collection-lawsuits-internal-survey-finds/