TexanNCali

Unrequested CR's 15 days into dispute

I sent a CMRRR dispute to TU and received my credit report. The letter states, “Enclosed is the TransUnion Personal Credit Report that you requested.” The only thing is, I didn’t request my CR. I sent TU a dispute letter.

A few months ago, I experienced the same thing with EXP. Is this some new, stall tactic? I didn’t respond to EXP and the disputed item was deleted. I don’t plan on responding to TU but wanted to see if this is happening to anyone else?

Recently, I received 3 CMRRR, green cards, the bureaus conveniently forgot to date stamp. Luckily, I have my receipts and was able to track my letter via usps.com.   

The past three green return receipts I have gotten back didn't have a date stamp either, so I don't know if the CRAs are doing this on purpose.  I went to the USPS website and printed the tracking page so that there is a date and stapled everything together.  I would wait the remainder of the 30 day period out and then send the another certified letter letting them know that they did not respond to your request for reinvestigation in a timely manner and that they must now remove all disputed items or you will sue.

• Like 1

@TexanNCali - reading your posts made me think of an episode of "60 minutes" last night.  Did you happen to see it?  My husband just caught the last few minutes which basically stated the CRA's know they are not adhering to the FCRA and they really don't care.  They figure if someone actually has the money and b$*@s to sue them, they have plenty of money to pay any fines.   So, I am not surprised to read what you wrote.  I actually just mailed off two dispute letters, will see what happens to my green return card.

This could explain why your return receipt is messed up.

One of my return receipts got lost so I went to the post office and they showed me the system to prove that my letter was delivered. This particular CRA (and my guess is the same goes for the others) receives daily hundreds of certified letters so the mailman just drops everything off and the CRA is supposed to sign, date and return the green cards at its own convenience...

Another case of letting the wolf guard the sheep...

@TexanNCali - we recently did a blog post on it and there is a link to the episode.  Check it out if you have a minute.  

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/wordpress/2013/08/27/what-60-minutes-story-on-credit-reports-doesnt-include-hope/

I am not surprised by this report either.  It's what we've been saying all along - the CRAs don't care if they are violating the law, they have plenty of money to pay the fines.  And they are raking in the cash.  

@TexanNCali

We're entitled to one free copy of our CR every year.  If you have not requested a copy in the past year, perhaps that's why they sent you a copy.   You're also entitled to a free copy if you've been denied a loan or some action has been taken against you because of a negative entry.

I've already received my free copies. I haven't applied for anything recently. I did hear back from EQ. The disputed items were verified. They did not acknowledge the fact that it took well over 85 days to respond or that I sent I follow-up letter with documentation showing this. Oh well, the account was opened in 2007 and is listed as a CO. I have approximately 3 more years before it falls off. After I submitted the dispute, I started thinking the CO (PIF) is probably helping my score. Deleting it may have caused my score to go down. I still haven't heard from TU. The TL was deleted from EXP. Thanks

@TexanNCali

We're entitled to one free copy of our CR every year.  If you have not requested a copy in the past year, perhaps that's why they sent you a copy.   You're also entitled to a free copy if you've been denied a loan or some action has been taken against you because of a negative entry.

I think they have to supply you at least a partial of your credit report of the line items you are disputing when you file a claim with the CA- maybe some states are different and you get the whole report which is good. 

I just sent in 2 weeks ago my CMRRR and still waiting for those green receipts- They got 2 more weeks and if the 30 days pass and they have not written me back- then what if I have no stamp on my green receipt. I think you can check the tracking on the green and white receipt you got at the post office and request a signature by mail online. You can always ask your post master about this.